Thread: Bitrock Windows Installer 4.5.0c after Install problems (Database Config)

AndyM is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Bitrock Windows Installer 4.5.0c after Install problems (Database Config)

I just installed sugarCRM using the install wizard: Bitrock Windows Installer 4.5.0c (61.94 MB EXE) - Installs Apache, MySQL, PHP and SugarCRM on your Windows system (on a Windows Desktop XP machine).

I have read several Install guides and post in the furom and still stuck on set-up page three data base installed. It keeps giving me errors when i use the default settings and/or the passwords created during the bitrock install. I have check to make sure that MySQL and Apache was running in the background. The following attachments is the ACTUAL SCREEN SHOTS of the settings and errors I am getting. What needs to go in the settings to prevent those errors?

ERROR CODE: Database admin user name and/or password is invalid (Error 1045: Access denied for user 'sugarcrm'@'localhost' (using password: YES)).

After several searches, I only found this post with a similar problem described,
    http://www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showt...ferrerid=42862
    but the solutions offered did not work when I tried them.

Thanks,

Andy
    Attached Images Attached Images      
    Last edited by AndyM; 2006-10-19 at 12:52 AM.

kneo is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Bitrock Windows Installer 4.5.0c after Install problems (Database Config)

I to am having the same problem with no luck. I even tried loggin in with out a password and get the same error except it reads "(Error 1045; Access denied for user 'sugarcrm@localhost' (using password: NO) or yes if I place the password used during setup. does anyone have a solution to this problem? One thing that I did note but haven't tried as of yet is .....
    During the loggin process where it checks for all the service running on sugarcrm just b4 the loggin screen I noticed that the PHP versio given with the windows installer download says that PHP version 4.4.3 is unsupported on the very first satus check under Component. @ the end of this list everything else checks out except for the next to last posting that says "Only PHP_Jon version 1.1 is supporteed in SugarCrm at this time. Please up/downgrade (in my case downgrade) your version SugarCRM will use the slower PHP code for AJAX-style interactions Foundver 1.2.1) OK. I assume that it using the correct version by the message and the fact that it is still green. Even still why would this prevent me from logging in considering that it's asking me for the MySQL or datbase password. I tried both admin and administrator for usernames and all the passwords I used during the setup r the same so I know thats not the issue. I did note that I read somewhere that the PHP configuration file (php.ini) must be changed (I believe it's in the install guide). The status screen just b4 the login screen notes the path for this file. I am testing an install on seperate machine (stand alone laptop). Does anyone have any tips or suggestions. I am new to this but appersiate any help given

Smile Re: Bitrock Windows Installer 4.5.0c after Install problems (Database Config)

I think that the problem is you must first install Mysql and then SugarCRM I'm trying that now I'll let you know if it works

Default Re: Bitrock Windows Installer 4.5.0c after Install problems (Database Config)

The error 1045 is a Mysql error ... as well try uninstalling everything and restart your computer and begin the process again be sure to remove the folders from the C:/programs folder b4 restart

Sugar Open Source v4.5 Install and Upgrade Guide (432 KB PDF)
    gives the directions

http://dl.sugarforge.org/sugardocs/M...lGuide_4.5.pdf

Don't know if it helps but I'm trying it

AndyM is offline Junior Member

I'm still trying with no luck, anybody found a solution yet?

clint is offline SugarCRM CTO & Co-founder

When you ran the Bitrock installer, you defined a MySQL password specific to you installation.

The final step in the Bitrock installer is to run the Sugar installation in "silent installer" mode. The MySQL root user password that you defined during the installation was then passed into the Sugar silent installer.

If you are now stuck in the Sugar installer screen, it sounds like you are now attempting to install a second installation of Sugar. The default values in the Sugar installer at this point won't match what you defined during the initial Bitrock installation process.

You need to now change the database user value to "root" and the password to match whatever you entered when installing MySQL through the Bitrock installation process.

If you don't remember the MySQL "root" user password you defined during initial installation, you can look in the config.php file from the initial Sugar installation.

The file should be located in:
    C:\Program Files\sugarcrm-4.5.0c\htdocs\sugarcrm\config.php

Look for the 'db_password' entry in that file. That will give you the password you created for the MySQL root user.

Clint
    Sugar Developer Zone - developer resources | Sugar University - user and admin training
    Sugar Docs - user and admin documentation |
    Sugar Bug Tracker - Enter or view bugs
    SugarForge- open source modules, themes, lang packs | SugarExchange - commercial extensions

Clint Oram
    Chief Technology Officer and Co-founder
    SugarCRM

Thread Information