Thread: How do I reinstall SugarCRM and use existing data?

jnovak is offline Sugar Community Member

Default How do I reinstall SugarCRM and use existing data?

If my data has been converted to SugarCRM 4.5.1, how can I reinstall SugarCRM from scratch and then use my current data.

Since my system has been updated numerous times, is there anything in the data that would have to be modified to work with a clean install of SugarCRM?

In addition to numerous upgrades, I have attempted to install some modules. Is there any data in the database that needs to be deleted so that the new install does not look for these versions and modules? For example the Versions table, does it contain information that SugarCRM looks for when it runs? I am currently getting errors where SugarCRM is not able to find some moules and it thinks that SugarCRM 4.5.1a is installed when it is not. It is preventing me from installing the 4.5.1a update and any modules.

Thanks,
    John Novak

paikmoses is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: How do I reinstall SugarCRM and use existing data?

Hi John,

One way is that you can take the back-up manually and then populate that data dump in the new install of Sugar. Make sure that the version of Sugar that you have taken the dump/back-up and the new install are same.

Regards,

Subrat is offline Sugar Community Member

Red face Re: How do I reinstall SugarCRM and use existing data?

Hi Mr. Paik

I did the same thing 1st I took the dump of the database. then reload the database in the reinstalled apache/mysql in win 2003 server.
    all the old crm modules are working fine(5 modules). but the problem is that i cannot install any more crm modules in my server, the instalation process stops @ step 2. , after clicking the "I accept" check box the "next" button is not active.

plz help me out to resolve this issue.....

Subrat

Thread Information