Thread: JavaScript error upon installation

bowenl2 Guest

Default JavaScript error upon installation

Hello everyone

Right after installation of 6.5.9, I'm getting this error JavaScript error in Firebug. It prevents me from using any of the AJAX features, it seems. Here's what Firebug gives me:

SyntaxError: missing ; before statement
    [Break On This Error]

{ajaxStatus.s owStatus(SUGAR.language.get('app_strings','LBL_LOA DING_PAGE'

It's at: /sugar/cache/include/javascript/sugar_grp1.js?v=JYJkGb8xtcJ9_4MLlduzWw

It almost looks like 's owStatus' should be 'showStatus' - what's up with the H getting dropped?

Thanks!

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Default Re: JavaScript error upon installation

First thing I would do is to go to the Admin->repair page and run the

Rebuild JS Compressed Files

and then the

Rebuild JS Grouping Files

You could also run a

Quick Repair and Rebuild

which does the first two and more (I think) but the first two are more targeted. Let me know if anything changes.
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

bowenl2 Guest

Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately that didn't work. Strangely (almost comically except it's stopping me from doing work), it seems as though the lower case h's are missing from this javascript file. What's up with that? I reinstalled clean as well as doing the "quick repair" and the other repairs you mentioned but same problem.

SUGAR.namespace("t emes");SUGAR.namespace("tour");SUGAR.namespace("su garHome");SUGAR.namespace("subpanelUtils");SUGAR.n amespace("ajaxStatusClass");SUGAR.namespace("tabC ooser");SUGAR.namespace("utils");SUGAR.namespace(" savedViews");SUGAR.namespace("das lets");SUGAR.namespace("unifiedSearc Advanced");SUGAR.namespace("searc Form");SUGAR.namespace("language");SUGAR.namespace ("Studio");SUGAR.namespace("contextMenu");SUGAR.na mespace("config");var nameIndex=0;var typeIndex=1;var requiredIndex=2;var msgIndex=3;var jstypeIndex=5;var minIndex=10;var maxIndex=11;var altMsgIndex=15;var compareToIndex=7;var arrIndex=12;var operatorIndex=13;var callbackIndex=16;var allowblank=8;var validate=new Array();var maxHours=24;var requiredTxt='Missing Required Field:';var invalidTxt='Invalid Value:';var secondsSinceLoad=0;var inputsWit Errors=new Array();var tabsWit Errors=new Array();var lastSubmitTime=0;var alertList=new Array();var oldStartsWit='';function isSupportedIE(){var userAgent=navigator.userAgent.toLowerCase();if(use rAgent.indexOf("msie")!=-1&&userAgent.indexOf("mac")==-1&&userAgent.indexOf("opera")==-1){var version=navigator.appVersion.matc(/MSIE (.\..)/)[1];if(version>=5.5&&version<10){return true;}else{return false;}}}

I read about problems with permissions causing weird issues so here are mine:
    Sugar Perms - Pastebin.com

kaushikparmar Guest

i also face this problem earlier. In my case , it was json error. Check in your firebug that what response you getting as json response. There should not any thing attache with json response. Eg. {"name":"value"}<anything-character> . here after json array if <anything-character> other than white space added than it will give error. So try to solve this json error.

Thread Information