Thread: Problem w/ Installing CE-6.5.5 Faststack Windows (95.2MB Modified 2012-09-19) SOLVED!

ECase Guest

Exclamation Problem w/ Installing CE-6.5.5 Faststack Windows (95.2MB Modified 2012-09-19) SOLVED!

I've been trying to install SugarCRM for a few days, but I can't get past initial install. I've tried doing a typical install, custom install, disabling Windows Firewall, running as an administrator, and I even reinstalled the OS to make sure there wasn't any port conflicts or registry misconfigs from prior App installations (I tried FileMaker out for a week but didn't like it). The only non default config I enter is the install location; I have designated drive D: to store the sugarcrm App and nothing else.

During install I receive several error messages (this is before the installer opens a web browser for further setup):

First Error Message:
    Error running D:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.5/mysql/scripts/myscript.bat **** : ERROR 2003
    (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost' (10061)
    ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'
    (10061)
    ERROR 2003 (HY000): Can't connect to MySQL server on 'localhost'
    (10061)

Second Error Message:
    Error running D:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.5\mysql\bin\mysqladmin.exe
    --defaults-file=D:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.5.5\mysql\my.ini -u
    root --password=**** shutdown : Could not open required defaults file:
    D:\Program
    Fatal error in defaults handling. Program aborted

Then the installer launches SugarCRM on Faststack WAMPStack and opens a web browser with address: http://127.0.0.1/sugarcrm/install.ph...stall&cli=true
    From a typical install, with only the storage location changed, the screen shows the following info:
    *Database Name: sugarcrm
    *Host Name: localhost:3306
    *Database Administrator Name: root
    *Database Admin Password: **************** (I assume this is the MySQL root password and not the SugarCRM admin password, correct???)
    Sugar Database Username: Drop-Down-Menu with available options:
    1) Same as Admin User (It is unclear what user this option is referring to. Is it the MySQL root user or the SugarCRM admin user?)
    2) Provide existing user (This is also unclear - is it referring to a previous installation of SugarCRM, or is it referring to a Windows computer user or an AD DS user? I've tried all the variations I could think of)
    3) Define user to create (I've tried this as well but didn't get anywhere)
    Choose Demo Data: I would like Demo Data installed, but I want a working installation above everything else, so is it advised for me to not install Demo Data?

When I select the Next link on the bottom of the page, a pop-up window appears and reports that it is verifying DB credentials. Then focus is brought back to the same page with the following info in red:
    * The provided database host, username, and/or password is invalid, and a connection to the database could not be established. Please enter a valid host, username and password.
    * Unable to check database version.

#####
    SOLUTION:
    Through hours of troubleshooting, somehow I ended up on the microsoft web platform installer website. I think I was about to give up on this and was just looking for comparisons between MySQL and MSSQL. Anyway, as a last resort, I searched for SugarCRM and thankfully got a relevant result!
    For Windows/Microsoft users new to SugarCRM and/or open source software, you can install everything you need, prereqs and all, in less than five clicks or so
    Just go here:
    Windows Web App Gallery - Install an App

Hopes this helps someone else!!

sugarbabe is offline Junior Member

Default Re: Problem w/ Installing CE-6.5.5 Faststack Windows (95.2MB Modified 2012-09-19) SOL

On which version of windows sever have you installed Sugar with this procedure?
    Anyone knows if windows server 2012 is supported?

thanks

Thread Information