Thread: Upgrading From 6.5.4 to 6.5.9 Does Not Work

haga637 Guest

Default Upgrading From 6.5.4 to 6.5.9 Does Not Work

I have SugarCRM CE 6.5.4 running on a Centos server and today wanted to upgrade to the latest version, i.e., 6.5.9. In the Admin menu, however, it states that the latest version is 6.5.5, as does the Upgrade Wizard after performing the System Check and after this check nothing more happens. I have already downloaded the upgrade file Note: SugarCE-Upgrade-6.5.x-to-6.5.9.zip from the SugarCRM website but I do not get an opportunity to upload it to my server and run the complete the upgrade process.

Two questions:
    1) Why does my installation of SugarCRM CE report that the latest version available is 6.5.5 when that is not the case?
    2) How do I "force" an upgrade to 6.5.9 using the upgrade file I already downloaded from your website?

Thanks.

Hakan

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Default Re: Upgrading From 6.5.4 to 6.5.9 Does Not Work

Can't you go to the Admin->Upgrade Wizard and upload your file. I tired to look on my CE version (which is 6.5.8) and it said it was up to date as well. If 6.5.9 has been released (havnt checked) then this would seem to be a bug or something. But in any event the upgrade wizard off the admin menu should work.
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

haga637 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kbrill View Post
    Can't you go to the Admin->Upgrade Wizard and upload your file. I tired to look on my CE version (which is 6.5.8) and it said it was up to date as well. If 6.5.9 has been released (havnt checked) then this would seem to be a bug or something. But in any event the upgrade wizard off the admin menu should work.
    No, I said in my posting that I do not get an opportunity to upload the upgrade file.

DrFred Guest

You need to make sure you're in the right place, I think you are currently looking in 'Admin>Sugar Updates' which is currently not working for 6.5.9. You need to go to 'Admin>Upgrade Wizard' and check there. You should be able to begin the upgrade.

Thread Information