Thread: Sale templates

ibovsun Guest

Arrow Sale templates

I want to sell templates for SugarCRM CE 6 *
    1) Is this allowed?

I understand that each file must contain a standard "SugarCRM Community Edition is a customer relationship management program developed by SugarCRM, Inc.. Copyright (C) 2004-2013 SugarCRM Inc.. License ..."

and the template becomes the GNU Affero General Public License version 3

2) Is the GNU Affero General Public License version 3 for the buyer prohibits spreading them further in Networks without my permission.
    3) Pack installation template must contain the changed file MVC / SugarView.php (small change), if it is legal?

eggsurplus is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Sale templates

I'm not a lawyer and there are gray areas. Here is my interpretation...

1) This is required only in files that you have edited that originally contained that notice. You are not allowed to take their work and make it your own by removing that notice.

2) No, they can purchase it and spread further without your permission. In practice, it's rarely ever done as there isn't a reason for them to. The majority just wants a solution that solves a problem of theirs so that they can move on.

3) Avoid editing core files for themes as much as possible. It can be a potential issue for your customers if they have other customizations that touch those files. You can do it, but for legality purposes it must remain under AGPLv3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Using CE and have 2 or more users? You need SecuritySuite - Teams

ibovsun Guest

Default Re: Sale templates

Thanks for the answer. Regarding question 3) - managed to avoid changes to this file

Quote Originally Posted by eggsurplus View Post
    I'm not a lawyer and there are gray areas. Here is my interpretation...

1) This is required only in files that you have edited that originally contained that notice. You are not allowed to take their work and make it your own by removing that notice.

2) No, they can purchase it and spread further without your permission. In practice, it's rarely ever done as there isn't a reason for them to. The majority just wants a solution that solves a problem of theirs so that they can move on.

3) Avoid editing core files for themes as much as possible. It can be a potential issue for your customers if they have other customizations that touch those files. You can do it, but for legality purposes it must remain under AGPLv3.

ibovsun Guest

Red face Re: Sale templates

Thanks for the answer. Regarding question 3) - managed to avoid changes to this file

Thread Information