Thread: Can someone help me create scheduled tasks?

sebastiansperandio Guest

Default Can someone help me create scheduled tasks?

Hi, I'm a novice user in SugarCRM, I'm using version 6.5.8 Comunity Edition, and I'm trying to create scheduled tasks or periodically, ie, create tasks that can be replicated automatically every week, for example, that all Mondays of the month, will create a task to a user to make a backup, or create a task to a user to remind you to send a report to a client, and this sort of thing. But do not know how. As default the module "tasks" brings no periodicity, can only enter the start date of the task and the end, and if you do not want to repeat every week the same task need only realize that it sugarcrm .... thank you very much in advance.

In Spanish:

hola, soy un usuario novato en Sugarcrm, estoy usando la version 6.5.8 Comunity Edition, y estoy tratando de crear tareas programadas o con cierta periodicidad, es decir, crear tareas que se puedan repetir todas las semanas automaticamente, por ejemplo, que todos los Lunes del mes, se cree una tarea a cierto usuario para que haga un backup, o se cree una tarea a cierto usuario para recordarle que tiene que enviarle un informe a un cliente y este tipo de cosas. Pero no se como hacer. Ya que por defecto el modulo "tareas" no trae periodicidad, solo se puede ingresar la fecha de inicio de la tarea y la de fin, y si no quiero repetir todas las semanas la misma tarea necesito que sugarcrm lo realize solo....muchas gracias de antemano.

davidboris is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Can someone help me create scheduled tasks?

Hello,

CE doesnt provide this facility by default. PRO version has Workflow management, which may do what you are looking for.

For CE, you will need to create a custom script and add it as scheduler job to achieve this goal, which requires PHP skills.
    Web : http://www.urdhva-tech.com
    Twitter : @urdhvatech
    Email : contact@urdhva-tech.com
    Blog : Urdhva-Tech

Our Premium Projects for SugarCRM:
    Premium theme for SugarCRM CE (Community Edition 6.5+ with 4 combinations, Black + Orange/Red/Green/Blue, bootstrap3 based)
    Duplicate detector to avoid duplicate data entry.
    Customer Self Service Portal for All Flavours.
    tagMe A complete tag management for SugarCRM.
    Meeting Map Reminder Meeting reminder with Gmap in Email

agcopley is offline Sugar Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by sebastiansperandio View Post
    Hi, I'm a novice user in SugarCRM, I'm using version 6.5.8 Comunity Edition, and I'm trying to create scheduled tasks or periodically, ie, create tasks that can be replicated automatically every week, for example, that all Mondays of the month, will create a task to a user to make a backup, or create a task to a user to remind you to send a report to a client, and this sort of thing. But do not know how. As default the module "tasks" brings no periodicity, can only enter the start date of the task and the end, and if you do not want to repeat every week the same task need only realize that it sugarcrm .... thank you very much in advance.

In Spanish:

hola, soy un usuario novato en Sugarcrm, estoy usando la version 6.5.8 Comunity Edition, y estoy tratando de crear tareas programadas o con cierta periodicidad, es decir, crear tareas que se puedan repetir todas las semanas automaticamente, por ejemplo, que todos los Lunes del mes, se cree una tarea a cierto usuario para que haga un backup, o se cree una tarea a cierto usuario para recordarle que tiene que enviarle un informe a un cliente y este tipo de cosas. Pero no se como hacer. Ya que por defecto el modulo "tareas" no trae periodicidad, solo se puede ingresar la fecha de inicio de la tarea y la de fin, y si no quiero repetir todas las semanas la misma tarea necesito que sugarcrm lo realize solo....muchas gracias de antemano.
    Hola Sebastian,
    La periodicidad que busca Utd, no se encuentra en los modulos de workflow (Pro,Ent versiones) ni en los plugins de workflow (AlineaSol) debido de que no hay manera de gatillar un accion basada en hora/fecha sin tener un tarea programmada detras de eso. Tomando en cuenta esto, se puede lograr lo que quiere a traves de una tarea programmada...revisa la seccion 'Tareas Programmadas en administracion, y el archivo '_AddJobsHere.php' en 'modules/Scheduler/'. Desafortunadamente se requiere programmar en PHP y un poco de conocimiento sobre la estructura de los objeto etc. en Sugar.

Slds
    Andrew

Kd1231 Guest

On the Schedule tab, you can change any of the scheduling options that you chose in the wizard, and you can also change the task configuration so that the task does not run too long.
    Well, I can also recommend you to give neosofttech.com a try. Worth my money and I will continue doing business with them.

alineasol is offline Senior Member

Bueno, la buena noticia es que justo estamos introduciendo esta funcionalidad. En Marzo la publicaremos.

And now in English: we will be publishing a new release with exactly this funcionality in March (second half...) along with some additional goodies...

@AlineaSol

SimmonsRobin Guest

Hey,You can use Microsoft office outlook for this purpose.It can help you to some extent.

Thread Information