Thread: How to remove Accounts module manuallly?

shyam007 is offline Sugar Community Member

Default How to remove Accounts module manuallly?

Hi all,

I want to remove Accounts module in my sugarcrm instance. Also I doesn't want to hide i.e. I want to
    completely remove Accounts module from SugarCRM architecture.
    Please tell how to achieve this issue.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by shyam007; 2010-04-27 at 01:19 PM.
    Shyam
    Pune - India.

shyam.fc@gmail.com

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Default Re: How to remove Accounts module manuallly?

without a lot of programming the only real option is to hide it. To remove it you would have to go through every other module and relationship and physically delete references to it and I bet there are a few hundred if not a few thousand of those.
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

shyam007 is offline Sugar Community Member

Thanks for replay,

I know it's required lot of efforts but still I want to delete module physically.
    Now I am trying to delete module, I need your guidelines.
    Thanks
    Shyam
    Pune - India.

shyam.fc@gmail.com

Hi Shyam,

Ken is giving you some very good advice. Accounts are integral to the system and removing this module isn't advised. Just hide it.
    Susie Williams

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by shyam007 View Post
    Thanks for replay,

I know it's required lot of efforts but still I want to delete module physically.
    Now I am trying to delete module, I need your guidelines.
    Thanks
    I wish I could give you guidelines. It would take someone very familiar with the code many hours just to go through and map out what would need to be done. It would take many more hours to actually do it and the associated testing. It isn't as easy as just deleting everything with the word Accounts in it. Alot of code would have to be rewritten to point somewhere else, and other modules would have to be rewritten to write out the code that attaches it to Accounts.

If I were in the market and were bidding on this job, it would be a very high bid indeed.
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

aakashrajvanshi is offline Junior Member

I am working on a lead management system where I wish to have only leads module and accounts module. What i want is to hide the opportunities and contact module completely. I know, i can hide it from the tabs but i want to hide it at every place e.g. when you convert a lead, i just want to create an account and not a contact because it unnecessarily confuses my sales team... How can i do this in SugarCRM CE 6.1?

Thread Information