Thread: How To Sync the upload folder files in two instance on the HA servers??

sabal is offline Sugar Community Member

Default How To Sync the upload folder files in two instance on the HA servers??

Hi ,

We are having the HA server configuration(two different servers,both having the same Sugar instance and they are connected to same Database which is on different server). we want to sync the files to both the server ,which has been uploaded through the Document Modules, so that when I access any server, I should be able to access the uploaded files.
    Right now when I am uploading any file from one server,I can access it from the same server, but this is not working if try to access the same record from the next server.It show"Invalid File Reference", since that file is not present under the upload folder of the that instance.

Its urgently required.....

Thanks,
    Sabal

jmertic is offline Sugar Community Manager

Default Re: How To Sync the upload folder files in two instance on the HA servers??

Have you thought of integrating with a third party solution like Alfresco here instead? Probably much easier to do.
    John Mertic
    Sugar Community Manager

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Default Re: How To Sync the upload folder files in two instance on the HA servers??

I like the look of Alfresco, its pretty amazing, but couldnt you just move the upload directory to a shared network drive? With only 2 servers to worry about it seems that would be a fairly easy solution.
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

gunni is offline Sugar Community Member

Next solution would be rsyncing the upload folder after each file upload (logic hook) or every 5 minutes, so you only wont be able to use the file for around 5 minutes.

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by gunni View Post
    Next solution would be rsyncing the upload folder after each file upload (logic hook) or every 5 minutes, so you only wont be able to use the file for around 5 minutes.
    I thought about this too but it would require,well maybe not require but certainly it would be better if the server was Linux and you would have to make sure the script caught all changes to files, not just new ones. Plus you are talking about doubling the storage requirements of the system. This would work but I think it would be my last choice.

The other issue with the current setup is that you have two seperate cache and custom directories. While it will work it isnt an optimal situation. It would be better if the upload, cache and custom directories were shared between the servers in some manor.
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

gunni is offline Sugar Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by kbrill View Post
    I thought about this too but it would require,well maybe not require but certainly it would be better if the server was Linux and you would have to make sure the script caught all changes to files, not just new ones. Plus you are talking about doubling the storage requirements of the system. This would work but I think it would be my last choice.

The other issue with the current setup is that you have two seperate cache and custom directories. While it will work it isnt an optimal situation. It would be better if the upload, cache and custom directories were shared between the servers in some manor.
    You are right with your opinion, but with the few information we got from the OP we cant tell what would be a possible or the best solution. Too many infos missing here and i just wanted to state this as possible solution. But it all depends on OS, admin knowledge, infrastructure and so on.

P.S: I hate entering a captcha for every single post. For Posters with >20 Posts the captcha should be disabled.

Thread Information