Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Email To Sugar Project

blak3r is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Email To Sugar Project

I'm creating this Thread for questions and comments on the Email to Sugar Project
    SugarForge: Email To Sugar: Project Info

"After enabling, you can BCC a designated email address when emailing your leads/contacts and it will automatically archive and appear in the appropriate activity history subpanel(s). This project provides similar functionality as Email-To-Salesforce." It also provides a CE alternative to the Sugar Email Archiving feature in some of the Paid versions.

Discussion was formerly on SugarForge but the Forums have since been shutdown.
    iiq374 likes this.
    Sugar 6.5 Pro, On-Site (Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.3.6)

My Sugar Addons:
    Callinize - (formerly known as yaai) Full Featured Asterisk Integration + Mobile App(fork it here) - June 2012 POTM
    Website Visitor Tracker - powered by Google Analytics provides personalized dashlet of relevant accounts/leads/keywords for each user.
    Email To Sugar - Archive emails in any mail client by adding a BCC line.
    Task Dashlets Plus- Adds custom dashlets for: tasks assigned to me by others, delegated tasks, overdue tasks, and open tasks past start date
    Full Text Search Indexer for Sugar v6.5- OSS Solution to make your KB articles searchable today!

www.blakerobertson.com

Default Re: Email To Sugar Project

Released v1.3.1 which fixes a few bugs introduced in 1.3.0.

If you have a MSSQL database, please test and then let me know it works so I can remove the "BETA" label on this release. I don't have a MSSQL database to test against.

My Sugar Addons:
    Callinize - (formerly known as yaai) Full Featured Asterisk Integration + Mobile App(fork it here) - June 2012 POTM
    Website Visitor Tracker - powered by Google Analytics provides personalized dashlet of relevant accounts/leads/keywords for each user.
    Task Dashlets Plus- Adds custom dashlets for: tasks assigned to me by others, delegated tasks, overdue tasks, and open tasks past start date
    Full Text Search Indexer for Sugar v6.5- OSS Solution to make your KB articles searchable today!

www.blakerobertson.com

Ipslwon is offline Sugar Community Member

Hello I'm trying to get this to work I placed the file here:C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.2\apps\sugarcrm\htdocs

my config file path is $CONFIG_FILE_PATH = "./config.php";

set up a scheduler and nothing yet.

Follow the manual step by step. Where does it stop working? Does Inbound email work in sugar?
    What does your log output look like when you run from command line?

My Sugar Addons:

www.blakerobertson.com

Where does it stop working?
    I'm not sure

Does Inbound email work in sugar?
    Yes

What does your log output look like when you run from command line?
    I believe this is where my fault is. I'm very new to php scripts so I have no clue how to run the file from command line. I know how to get to cmd and all that.

open cmd, then run
    php email_to_sugar.php

if PHP isn't on your path, then prefix it with the path to your php executable.

Without email_to_sugar working at all you should at least see emails showing up under the contacts as "unread", email to sugar archives them associates them with accounts and does some other magic as well. So, are you sure you have Inbound email working?

How do you know it's not working?

~blake

My Sugar Addons:

www.blakerobertson.com

When I run it through a web page I get "Checking for emails"

I think my problem is I getting the bat file set up properly to run schedules on windows. Damn thing is bringing up stuff that I will try to fix prior to replying here.

UPDATE:

I got the scheduler bat file running fine now

I went to Test run php code online, right here - WriteCodeOnline.com/PHP to test the code and it spat out:

Code:
    Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_STRING in /homepages/26/d94605010/htdocs/lz/writecodeonline.com/php/index.php(153) : eval()'d code on line 78
    Last edited by Ipslwon; 2012-03-22 at 10:54 PM.

Sorry for my own ieptness but I have gotten to where you requested.

When I run the php script through the command line I get

Code:
    C:\Users\jmi>php email_to_sugar.php
    Checking for emails...
    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in C:\Users\jmi\email_to_sugar.php on line 427
    Please advise.

I assume you're using MSSQL?

I think this means you don't have the MSSQL extension loaded in your php.ini file.
    If you aren't already, try running the php.exe that your sugarcrm instance uses by specifying the absolute path to it on the command line.

In your php.ini check to see if MSSQL extensions are loaded.

My Sugar Addons:

www.blakerobertson.com

Looking into the php.ini file shows MSSQL is loaded, meaning I see the term several times within the file.

The laptop I'm using is a company laptop. When I try to load it directly

Code:
    C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.2\php>php email_to_sugar.php
    Checking for emails...
    PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function mssql_connect() in C:\Program Files (x86)\sugarcrm-6.4.2\php\email_to_sugar.php on line 427
    Is what I get

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information