2014-02-06 until 2014-04-01
Announcing Our New Community!
Hello Sugar Community!
I am happy to announce that, as of today, we have officially launched our new community at community.sugarcrm.com which is hosted on the Get Satisfaction platform! This new platform will afford a number of benefits that ultimately allow us to foster collaborative discussions that enrich our community.
Here are a few highlights that the new community will provide you:
- Moderation is no longer required for conversations or replies to be posted!
- Ability to follow specific categories of interest (e.g. Development Best Practices, Sugar 7, one of our foreign language categories, etc.) so that any new conversations under that category will notify you via email. You can also select to be notified about any conversations, regardless of category, posted to the community under your profile once signed in.
- Conversations are grouped by one of 4 types: Questions, Ideas, Problems, and Praise. These types will help you further isolate the conversations meaning the most to you.
- Ability to follow specific conversations to receive updates when someone adds a reply or comment.
- Ability to "Me Too" conversations so that we understand the priority of a particular conversation. For conversations tagged as problems, this will help us drive toward prioritizing a solution in an upcoming release and for for conversations tagged as ideas, this will help us understand what functionality is most meaningful to you.
- Federated search is introduced when creating a conversation so that you can be sure your question isn't already answered within the community or on one of our other SugarCRM resources such as the Knowledge Base, product documentation, etc.
- Initiate a private conversation by checking the 'Post this conversation privately?' box when creating your conversation to ensure sensitive matters are handled appropriately. Selecting this option means that your conversation will only be visible to you and a select group of employees at SugarCRM.
When getting started with our new community, there are a few specific link we think will help you with the transition:
You will be able to sign into the community using your SugarCRM.com credentials and if you have any feedback on the usability, please post a conversation in the community! Understanding that this platform is hosted by Get Satisfaction, we may be limited in directly addressing some feedback and we are committed to working closely with Get Satisfaction to ensure our new community provides the most value and function to you.
In regards to the vBulletin forums, we will leave the forums open for use until next Friday, February 14th at which point we change the forums to be read-only until March 15th. At that time, we will fully shut down all access to the old forum content. We highly encourage that any new conversations be posted on the community from this point forward.
Lastly, thank you for helping to build this community in the last 10 years and here's to the next 10!