Thread: Installation for a GoDaddy hosted Site

theBlindReferee is offline Junior Member

Default Installation for a GoDaddy hosted Site

I'm having a bit of difficulty installing this app on my site which is hosted at GoDaddy. My site is located on one of their Linux servers, I have created a new MySQL Database for use with this application. I get through step 2 fine but it's having issues connecting to the DB I have already created. Maybe I'm just not putting the correct username, DB name, user info, into the required fields or checking a checkbox that ought not to be checked.

Has anyone had success installing their verion of SugarCRM at GoDaddy and could provide some tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

olddog is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Installation for a GoDaddy hosted Site

I have a godaddy hosted site.
    When you login to the hosting accounts page click on the database link for the appropriate database in the list.
    Make note of the server and use this as the host in the Sugar Install Routine.
    Also you will see both the username and Database name in the list of hosted databases. Use these as input in install routine.

I hope this is useful I'm not a programmer so this is the result of trial and error

Old Dog

theBlindReferee is offline Junior Member

Thanks OldDog, it seems I messed myself up when I checked the checkbox "create user", I uploaded the config.php file again and started over. Entering in the appropriate information and NOT checking the checkboxes.

Worked like a charm.

drpower is offline Junior Member

I had this problem, but please see this post: https://www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22339

ramian is offline Junior Member

I am also having trouble with installing on Godaddy hosted site. The install seems to go fine, I get a "Install Completed" message, and all the DB tables look like they got created, but I get a "500 Internal Server Error" when going to the index page. Maybe it's because I installed the Sugar application folders in a subfolder and not the root folder. Is there anyway to get it to work in a subfolder? Thanks for any help you can give me.

GoWiNdHoLz is offline Member

I have found that the most recent version of Sugar does not work with Godaddy for some reason, they might have the bugs worked out by now but as of two weeks ago it didnt. Try using the version that was released before the latest one .c I believe it was I had success with it.

masscraft is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoWiNdHoLz View Post
    I have found that the most recent version of Sugar does not work with Godaddy for some reason, they might have the bugs worked out by now but as of two weeks ago it didnt. Try using the version that was released before the latest one .c I believe it was I had success with it.
    I've got the same problem. New install of latest SugarCRM at GoDaddy on a shared Linux account and I get the "500 Internal Server Error". All the file permissions have been set, etc., but can't make any headway.

skselby is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GoWiNdHoLz View Post
    The problem is with the .htaccess file at the root of your SugarCRM install.

Edit your .htaccess file in your Hosting Control Center. It should look like this when you're done:

AddHandler x-httpd-php5 .php
    AddHandler x-httpd-php .php4

Note that I haven't tested the edits to this file thoroughly, nor have I tested the security implications of this edit. It does, however, resolve the 500 Internal Server Error on GoDaddy.

jflahiff is offline Member

Thumbs down Re: Installation for a GoDaddy hosted Site

Just don't even try.
    GoDady hosted sites do NOT support IMAP. So email will not work. To get IMAP support you need to get a dedicated or virtual dedicated server and those start at about $30+ I just canceled my account after many MANY hours of trying.
    Moving to 1and1.com where I know it will work

Thread Information