Thread: Looking to building blocks to creating an SSO customer registration portal...

blak3r is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Looking to building blocks to creating an SSO customer registration portal...

I want to build a SSO (Single Sign On) solution for a couple different customer support sites my company has. We have a wiki, a download portal, and now we're adding a helpdesk / knowledgebase.
    (Up until now we gave each organization a username and password they couldn't change.... and all customers had a shared login to our support site)...

We have proprietary info on our support sites so they're not publicly visible. But, when a customer needs info, I hate the idea of them having to register and wait for someone to approve them.
    So, I want users to be able to create an account if they're already a customer (or from same domain as a customer) which would be determined by doing some lookups in our SugarCRM instance.

So, basically I want a "framework" for creating a registration portal / SAML identity manager.
    - I'd plugin the policies for who gets to register without approval. (I'd implement a rest call)

I don't want to have to reinvent the wheel and implement all the mundane stuff like:
    - Allowing user to reset their password.
    - Form to allow user to change password...
    - Verifying the user's email address...
    - Preferably manage the "Authentication Database" where the identity manager looks up username and passwords... Starting from scratch so i'm not tied to anything in particular.
    - BONUS: If the tool would allow the user to login using OAuth token provided by twitter, gmail, etc.

Anyone got any recommendations? For implementing this easily?

Here's a Diagram:
    Name:  SSO-Diagram.png
Views: 310
Size:  123.7 KB
    Last edited by blak3r; 2013-03-23 at 08:02 PM. Reason: Added Diagram
    Sugar 6.5 Pro, On-Site (Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.3.6)

My Sugar Addons:
    Callinize - (formerly known as yaai) Full Featured Asterisk Integration + Mobile App(fork it here) - June 2012 POTM
    Website Visitor Tracker - powered by Google Analytics provides personalized dashlet of relevant accounts/leads/keywords for each user.
    Email To Sugar - Archive emails in any mail client by adding a BCC line.
    Task Dashlets Plus- Adds custom dashlets for: tasks assigned to me by others, delegated tasks, overdue tasks, and open tasks past start date
    Full Text Search Indexer for Sugar v6.5- OSS Solution to make your KB articles searchable today!

www.blakerobertson.com

ashdwi1 is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Looking to building blocks to creating an SSO customer registration portal...

Hi,
    There are many protocol available for SSO , But SAML is top standard.
    You can try Java Based "OpenAM" as Identity Manager with "LDAP" backend.
    Let me know your futher queries.

Thread Information