I read most of the 15 search result links in the forum about zimbra/SugarCRM integration.
In a nutshell, here are the notes I took while reading along the threads :
- john announced back in 2005 that he'd worked with the zimbra team Zimbra to make a Zimbra module inside of Sugar Zimbra Integration? ;
- mikev (datasync) was looking for people and wrote Zimgar, but as of 2008 it doesen't synchronize neither of the contacts nor the calendar. Zimgar isn't found anywhere (used to be part of datasync community products but now disappeared completely) ;
- eleventeenth cleaned up and enhanced the PHP script written by ryanwilliams ;
- eleventeenth wrote a script for one-way syncing of SugarCRM contacts into Zimbra ;
- drubarth started programming an address book sync and update solution ;
- quixote1024 wrote a plugin that syncs Zimbra and Sugar's agendas ;
- Dieter_be a wrote SugarZimbraSync (kangaroot) (2010) based on eleventeenth's code, which is itself based on ryanwilliams' ;
- mie worked on a project called miezimbra, which seems to have disappeared completely (erreor on sugarforge at : SugarForge: Exiting with error. his company http://www.myinstantenterprise.com/ is also unreachable. A search on google on "miezimbra" gave no interresting search results (code repository hosted at sourforge is empty as well) ;
- jfuller70 announced they were using the ICal patch for sugarcrm calendar solution .
Does anybody have a good sight on the situation today about the Zimbra / SugarCRM projects going-on ? as much as possible (e-mail and calendar at least). As far as I have reached in my research, here are the products a came across :
o ZSugar (irontec) : zSugar | Zimbra :: Gallery
o Sugar Zimlet by Starxpert : Sugar Zimlet | Zimbra :: Gallery
o SugarZimbraSync (kangaroot) : https://github.com/kangaroot/sugarzimbrasync
I would love to hear feedback from you guys : did you manage to get these two buddies talk together ? at what extent (contacts, calendar ...) ?
Thanks for your positive feedback