View Poll Results: Is SugarCRM right for us?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, out of the box

0 0%
  • Yes, with minimal configuration

0 0%
  • Yes, with moderate configuration

2 66.67%
  • Yes, with a LOT of configuration

1 33.33%
  • No.

0 0%

Thread: Is SugarCRM a Proper Solution for a Not For Profit?

mattm is offline Junior Member

Arrow Is SugarCRM a Proper Solution for a Not For Profit?

Hello,

I'm trying to determine if SugarCRM Community Edition is good for what we need it for.

I'm involved in a not for profit. We keep track of people, donations, causes, surveys, survey responses,

We currently have a relational SQL server database representing this data so I'm hoping importing will be really easy. Here's a definition of each object in our database:

• Cause: a list of organizations - including ours - that we track people's donations to.
    • Donations: a gift of money to us or another cause. (M:1 relationship with contact, M:1 relationship with cause)
    • Survey: A list of 15 or so questions we send out to our contacts
    • Survey responses: the filled out survey (M:1 relationship with survey)

I can provide the table definitions if need be, but each table references a foreign key to build the relationship (or two in the case of donation records)

We don't keep track of accounts. I know the Contact entity in sugarcrm will be helpful. I'm wondering what entities we will use to represent the other entities?

We would also like the ability to:
    • add properties to entities
    • create custom entities
    • create workflows
    • trigger things such as activities, follow up activities, etc.
    • track meetings
    • severely limit the information that certain roles can see, including disabling exporting data
    • possibly some I'm forgetting, or some to add in the future

Preferably I'd like to be able to build this using workflows (ala Microsoft Dynamics CRM) and without a lot of php coding.

Is Sugar CRM the right solution for us? Can we do all that we need to do with the Community Edition? How much configuration is going to be required to get the system we need?
    I already have the community edition installed but I'm very unfamiliar with the interface, but I'm very familiar with CRM. I'm just hoping my questions can be answered before I spend a lot of time exploring the application only to find out it's not going to be a valid solution.

mattm is offline Junior Member

Default Is SugarCRM a Proper Solution for our Not For Profit?

Hello,

I'm trying to determine if SugarCRM Community Edition is good for what we need it for.

I'm involved in a not for profit. We keep track of people, donations, causes, surveys, survey responses,

We currently have a relational SQL server database representing this data so I'm hoping importing will be really easy. Here's a definition of each object in our database:

• Cause: a list of organizations - including ours - that we track people's donations to.
    • Donations: a gift of money to us or another cause. (M:1 relationship with contact, M:1 relationship with cause)
    • Survey: A list of 15 or so questions we send out to our contacts
    • Survey responses: the filled out survey (M:1 relationship with survey)

I can provide the table definitions if need be, but each table references a foreign key to build the relationship (or two in the case of donation records)

We don't keep track of accounts. I know the Contact entity in sugarcrm will be helpful. I'm wondering what entities we will use to represent the other entities?

We would also like the ability to:
    • add properties to entities
    • create custom entities
    • create workflows
    • trigger things such as activities, follow up activities, etc.
    • track meetings
    • severely limit the information that certain roles can see, including disabling exporting data
    • possibly some I'm forgetting, or some to add in the future

Preferably I'd like to be able to build this using workflows (ala Microsoft Dynamics CRM) and without a lot of php coding.

Is Sugar CRM the right solution for us? Can we do all that we need to do with the Community Edition? How much configuration is going to be required to get the system we need?
    I already have the community edition installed but I'm very unfamiliar with the interface, but I'm very familiar with CRM. I'm just hoping my questions can be answered before I spend a lot of time exploring the application only to find out it's not going to be a valid solution.

jmertic is offline Sugar Community Manager

Default Re: Is SugarCRM a Proper Solution for our Not For Profit?

Yes is it, and you should check out this slidedeck around SugarCRM in the NGO space...

SugarNGO: A Partnership of NGOs, SugarCRM and the Sugar Ecosystem |...
    John Mertic
    Sugar Community Manager

Thread Information