Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By kbrill

Thread: Wholesale vs. Retail Opportunity Interface- how to customize for two different teams

pianofriend@aol.com Guest

Default Wholesale vs. Retail Opportunity Interface- how to customize for two different teams

Hi-

we are a piano distribution company that has a wholesale division and a retail division.

I have not been able to figure out if it is possible to adapt the Opportunity Module to each division separately and run reports on both divisions when desired.

So far I (admin) have done the following:

1. Created 2 Teams (reflecting the wholesale and the retail division,).
    2. When I adapt the Opportunity Module in Studio and add customized drop down options, it makes this available for both divisions. Is there a way to have an opportunity module that is wholesale specific and a different one that is retail speficic?

I have thought about the following solutions: 1. Cancel one division in sugar and sign up anew as independent customer just for that division, 2. Creating a new opportunity module that than can only be seen by the retail people (I looked into it - but I am not sure if it is possible to just duplicate the opportunity module, rename it and adapt it for our retail people?! How would the opportunity pipeline show up?

Can anyone pinpoint me into the right direction?

Thanks

Default Wholesale vs. Retail Opportunity Interface- how to customize for two different teams

Hi-

we are a piano distribution company that has a wholesale division and a retail division.

I have not been able to figure out if it is possible to adapt the Opportunity Module to each division separately and run reports on both divisions when desired.

So far I (admin) have done the following:

1. Created 2 Teams (reflecting the wholesale and the retail division,).
    2. When I adapt the Opportunity Module in Studio and add customized drop down options, it makes this available for both divisions. Is there a way to have an opportunity module that is wholesale specific and a different one that is retail speficic?

I have thought about the following solutions: 1. Cancel one division in sugar and sign up anew as independent customer just for that division, 2. Creating a new opportunity module that than can only be seen by the retail people (I looked into it - but I am not sure if it is possible to just duplicate the opportunity module, rename it and adapt it for our retail people?! How would the opportunity pipeline show up?

Can anyone pinpoint me into the right direction?

Thanks

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Default Re: Wholesale vs. Retail Opportunity Interface- how to customize for two different te

Can you tell me more about your setup. PRO/ENT, On-Site/On-Demand? What version?
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

Default Re: Wholesale vs. Retail Opportunity Interface- how to customize for two different te

Quote Originally Posted by kbrill View Post
    Can you tell me more about your setup. PRO/ENT, On-Site/On-Demand? What version?
    Thanks for your reply. We are using Sugar Professional, On Demand (all sales people are in different locations in the US. I am not sure what version we are using but when select Admin and then Online Support it indicates Sugar Professional 6.6.0.

Thanks for responding. We are using the Sugar Online System (On Demand), Version 6.6.1 (Build 1345), Professional Level.

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by pianofriend@aol.com View Post
    Thanks for responding. We are using the Sugar Online System (On Demand), Version 6.6.1 (Build 1345), Professional Level.
    OK, this cannot be done through the UI yet, do you have any experience programming at all? I think there is an easy way that we can alter what shows up on the edit and detail views depending on what type of opportunity it is, but it does require a bit of programming. I will look up the instructions and get back to you, maybe we can make something work.
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

Thread Information