Thread: Alineasol Home page module makes home page stuck on "Add Dashlets"

rodnikosh Guest

Default Alineasol Home page module makes home page stuck on "Add Dashlets"

i'm having a problem working with the Alineasol homepage module 4.1 (on SugarCRM 6.5.13)
    The home page module doesn’t work because it causes the home page to get stuck at “loading….” When pushing “Add dashlet”

I investigated this problem and this is the problem in more detail, hope it will help:

when using the home page toolbar and choosing a different role than the default one in the role dropdown or getting back to default role.
    I get a javascript error.

Name:  alineasol_homepage1.JPG
Views: 234
Size:  274.1 KB

Then, after getting this error and pushing “Add Dashlet”, the home page gets stuck at “loading…”

Name:  alineasol_homepage2.JPG
Views: 223
Size:  271.0 KB

A couple of facts about this problem:

o The problem doesn’t occur when “Developer mode” is on, but I can’t leave it on because in production server, the developer mode causes a big performance decline.
    o This problem does not happen in the dev server, only production.
    o It is not an SSL Error.
    o Not a SugarCRM Error (nothing in the log)
    o It appears In all browsers and including with clean cookies.
    o This is a javascript error and it happens when switching between “home page role” drop down to other roles.
    o If the error happens after switching roles and then pushing “Add Dashlet” , the home page is stuck at “Loading…” forever.
    o The only way to get out of it Is refresh the screen again and then the error is gone again until switching home page role again.

at the end, i will have to uninstall this module because adding dashlets is a basic function that is used a lot and could make the home page stuck lots of times.

any ideas?

i apologize again for not posting on Alineasol group, i have a problem with my user that i can't post images.
    sent an email to the "community support" about my user problem.

alineasol is offline Senior Member

Default Re: Alineasol Home page module makes home page stuck on "Add Dashlets"

Are you using some specific style that actually changes SugarCRM default page?
    Are you saying that if you set the mode to production in the development system, the issue does not occur? If so: check differences...

@AlineaSol

rodnikosh Guest

thank you,
    but i don't use special style in one server and another in other server.
    as i said, the code is the exact same code in the dev server and production server.

also, the problem doesn't occur when the "Developer mode" in the System settings is checked.
    the problem occurs when i the "developer mode" is not checked.

alineasol is offline Senior Member

If you deinstall Publish Home Page... Do you still have the same issue when adding dashlets? We are not sure this is due to Publish Home Page... We actually cannot reproduce this.

Pre-4.1 there where issues due to some javascripts conflicts at loading. I don´t think that is the case here, but...
    Also, did you clean your cache (not just cookies), making sure that there are no old files stuck in your browser? I think that in developer mode caching is handled differently...

@AlineaSol

rodnikosh Guest

Thank you for your effort,
    after uninstalling the module the Dashlets menu is shown every time.
    i always clean cookies + cache and close all instances of the browser with every check and every rebuild.

if it helps , the problem happens on a Linux Centos 6.4, Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) , PHP Version 5.3.3, MySQLi 5.1.69

although i uninstalled it, i already translated the module to hebrew. if you need the files i can send them to you.

Thread Information