msuemnig is offline Junior Member

Default Blank Contact List, blank system settings page

Win2k3, SP2
    IIS 6.0
    PHP 5.2
    MYSQL 5.0.41
    SugarCRM 4.5.1c

SYMPTOMS:
    when i click on the contact tab and it loads the contact module, the contact list doesn't have any contacts listed under it.
    If I got to the accounts page, no accounts, even after I successfully add one
    If I run a global search on something that should return results (in the search box in the upper right hand corner of the user interface) it tells me it has x results, but no contacts are listed below the contact list
    The system Settings page is also blank when I load it.
    The update wizard is also blank if I click on it from the admin section.

NOTES:
    When I say blank, I mean all the page components load around the above items, but the result set with the contacts/accounts/system settings do not.
    SugarCRM.log is blank

STEPS TAKEN:
    I upped the memory in memory_limit in php.ini to 512M to make sure it had enough memory to build the page

I used var_dump() to dump the $data from the code and the query results are there and they are and did display, but in the raw format
    I also dumped the SQL itself and pasted that into mySql query browser and it returned the results in the query browser

I'm new to sugarCRM and relatively new to PHP. Any and all suggestions are appreciated!!

Thank you!

Ram Kumar is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Blank Contact List, blank system settings page

Hi:

Can you just check whether you have some fields populated in the Search area of the page.
    Let us say go to Contact List and see if there are any letters / words typed in the search fields on top of the list. Probably if you have typed some fields and used the search, next time when you access that page, it uses that search.

Let us say you are in Accounts Tab. In the Basic Search, you have populated xyz in Account Name and if there is no record with xyz name in the Accounts. You will see blank.

So clear the search fields by pressing "clear" button of search and try.

It might work.

Warm Regards

Ram Kumar
    Rhea Knowledge Technologies (P) Ltd
    www.rheakt.com

thank you for the reply. I've double checked and had another developer double check that I wasn't doing anything like that. Plus when I var_dump() the query it's running, it only has contacts.deleted = 0 in the WHERE clause.

It's not that results aren't being returned, it's just that they aren't being displayed.

Any more thoughts from anyone?

Thank you again!

richard.brookes is offline Sugar Community Member

Hi there,

Have you had luck with this issue?

I have recently installed on IIS using SQL Server and an seeing the exact same behaviour.

I can add contacts, accounts etc... but when i go to the list pages for these the seach always returns no results. Also like you the System Settings page is emptym so is tab, studio etc....

If is wasn;t for the history tabs i would not be able to access created items.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Richard

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Are you running SugarCRM in CGI or ISAPI mode?
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

PHP is configured to use ISAPI

Not sure how to check if the system is in either mode, though per Richard's statement, it seems to make sense that it would be in ISAPI mode.

Thank you and I'd love anymore thoughts on this, as I still have no resolution!

Quote Originally Posted by msuemnig
    Not sure how to check if the system is in either mode, though per Richard's statement, it seems to make sense that it would be in ISAPI mode.

Thank you and I'd love anymore thoughts on this, as I still have no resolution!
    This explains both

http://www.visualwin.com/PHP-ISAPI/

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

Does anyone have an idea what might be the cause of our problem?

If this were apache, I would say look for seg faults. Is there something similar in IIS? I would also set the log file to debug and see if it adds anything to the mix.

Help us Help You

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information