Thread: custom fields are not stored/saved in the database under the module cases

trilogexpert is offline Sugar Community Member

Default custom fields are not stored/saved in the database under the module cases

we are using:
    -----------------
    Open Source Version 4.0.1a of Sugar on a Windows 2003 Server.
    MySQL Version: 4.0.24
    Apache Webserver

we added some custom fields under the module cases. The problem we have is that the values of those custom fields are not saved in the database. The save button works fine for the sugar fields of the module cases but not for the custom defined one.

can someone give us any advices or do somebody know this problem?
    Thanks for your help in advance.
    Martin

P.S. thats very important and urgent because we already imported the records to this module! Thank you!

jli
    jli is offline Junior Member

Default Re: custom fields are not stored/saved in the database under the module cases

some questions:

- was this a fresh install of 4.0.1a or an upgrade from a previous version?
    - were the case custom fields that you created ever deleted and recreated with the same names?
    - has there been any manual code modifications to Sugar?
    - have you tried creating a separate test instance of 4.0.1a, create the same case custom fields, and see if you can reproduce the behavior?

I just installed a fresh instance of OS 4.0.1a, create three custom fields for the case module, and wasn't able to reproduce your problem. (Windows XP, Apache 2.x, PHP 4.3.11, MySQL 4.1)

malcolmh is offline A Sugar Hero | Help Forum Moderator

Default Re: custom fields are not stored/saved in the database under the module cases

Was you using the Studio design component to create the fields, or did you create them manually?

I can add fields through the Studio component without having an problems.
    Cheers Malcolm

Genius4U Limited - Ingenious simple IT solutions for you / Genial einfache IT Lösungen für Sie
    http://www.genius4u.com or http://www.genius4u.de

thanks a lot for the quick answer and here my answers to your questions

we created the fields by the admin panel and not manually.

No, the case custom fields were not been deleted and created once again with the same name. We are able to reproduce this
    behaviour by each custom field we create in the module cases. Everything else is working fine.

Yes, we modificated at some places the code, but not in the mentioned module. The modifications are nonserious, because we
    just added a few links and decommented some subpannels. All other modules are working fine even with custom fields.

No, till now I didn’t try a new installation of sugarcrm. I’ll do this and let you know, if we are able to reproduce the problem even with a new instance.

some questions:

Are the modules exchangeable? That means, is it possible for me to change the code of the module cases if the error would not exist in the new instance that I will install?

What else can I check, because I would like to fix the error it in my current installation? I will not reinvestigate that time once again to customize a new installtion.

Thank you very much
    Martin

bhavin13 is offline Member

I have a same problem with contact module.
    Fresh installation.
    No modification.

How to find link between database field and newly added cuastom field in xtpl file.

Regards,
    bhavin13

we was able to solve the problem. The reason was that we created a custom filed, which was deleted later but obviously only in Sugar and not in the database. Since we removed this test field in the database, we are able to create new customer fields, which are vorking fine.

Thanks for your help.
    Martin

Thread Information