Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimFromAustin

Thread: Email attachments go to Notes automatically - can we stop this? It's security issue.

JimFromAustin Guest

Default Email attachments go to Notes automatically - can we stop this? It's security issue.

When using SugarCRM CE email client we send a private email that has an attachment. The attachment is automatically placed in the Notes list. (under Notes menu)

We don't want this behavior, it could be a security issue. However, if we request a note to be assigned to a user, then we want all users to be able to see the note. Thus, we can't use privileges to solve this issue. I don't understand why every email sent would automatically place its attachments into notes, it seems like you would have to specify/request this behavior?

How can I stop all email attachments from automatically going to notes?

Thanks!
    Jim

JimFromAustin Guest

Default Re: Email attachments go to Notes automatically - can we stop this? It's security is

Does anyone else see this behavior, or is it just my installation?

Chris_C is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Email attachments go to Notes automatically - can we stop this? It's security is

I saw an add-on, that sends an email to a person, the email contains the some personal information (password, pin number, or something private like that) , and then the add-on immediately deletes the email from the "send items" email folder, and prevents sugar from creating the note "related" to the contact/account/lead record.

If you look on sugarforge, sugar exchange, or sugaroutfitters, you'll probably find the add-on.

Does this sound like what you want to do ?
    -Chris Coleman. IBM Certified Websphere Developer, UML Certified, Oracle Certified in Java
    Fix Permissions for SugarCRM installed on Linux shared web hosting - http://www.espacenetworks.com/downloads.html

JimFromAustin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_C View Post
    Does this sound like what you want to do ?
    Thanks Chris, I'll go look it up. All I really need to do is hide the NOTES section and that would solve our problem.

I don't understand by Sugar would be designed this way? Been trying to think of a reason, but haven't come up with anything good. Anytime a user sends an email with an attachment, it gets saved to NOTES. Even if the email is not related to an Account, ect..... Not really understanding what benefit to be gained by including ALL email attachments under Notes. Any one have an idea why it would be designed this way?

Thread Information