Thread: Installation headache

zycl0n is offline Junior Member

Default Installation headache

I am installing SugarCRM 4.0.1 on a Windows Server 2003 box with IIS6. Using mySQL v. 5.0.18 and PHP 5.1.2. PHP is installed and running with no problems, it outputs phpinfo();. I followed the IIS install directions to the letter, copied Manifesto into the IIS default dir (C:\Inetpub\wwwroot), copied SugarCRM into a folder entitled SugarCRM4. That folder is set as a application in IIS with read/write permissions that is using the current directory (/SugarCRM4). I open http://localhost/SugarCRM4, and begin the install process. All checks are green. All steps run smoothly until I get to Step 6. I get an error that the installer cannot write to config.php. The page says that installaction will continue, however, the following error is output onto the page.

Creating the table relationships...Error creating table: relationships: Query Failed:create table relationships (id char(36) NOT NULL ,relationship_name varchar(150) NOT NULL ,lhs_module varchar(100) NOT NULL ,lhs_table varchar(64) NOT NULL ,lhs_key varchar(64) NOT NULL ,rhs_module varchar(100) NOT NULL ,rhs_table varchar(64) NOT NULL ,rhs_key varchar(64) NOT NULL ,join_table varchar(64) ,join_key_lhs varchar(64) ,join_key_rhs varchar(64) ,relationship_type varchar(64) ,relationship_role_column varchar(64) ,relationship_role_column_value varchar(50) ,reverse bool DEFAULT '0' ,deleted bool DEFAULT '0' , PRIMARY KEY (id), KEY idx_rel_name (relationship_name))::MySQL error 1005: Can't create table '.\sugarcrm\relationships.frm' (errno: 121)PHP Warning: mkdir() [function.mkdir]: Permission denied in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SugarCRM4\include\utils\file_ut ils.php on line 22 PHP Warning: fopen(cache/dynamic_fields/modules.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SugarCRM4\modules\DynamicFields \DynamicField.php on line 676 PHP Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SugarCRM4\modules\DynamicFields \DynamicField.php on line 677 PHP Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SugarCRM4\modules\DynamicFields \DynamicField.php on line 678

I am at an impass here. NO idea what to do to fix this.

kbrill is offline SugarCRM PS Engineer

Default Re: Installation headache

Quote Originally Posted by zycl0n
    I am installing SugarCRM 4.0.1 on a Windows Server 2003 box with IIS6. Using mySQL v. 5.0.18 and PHP 5.1.2. PHP is installed and running with no problems, it outputs phpinfo();.
    I am at an impass here. NO idea what to do to fix this.
    I have never had SugarCRM work properly on anything above PHP version 5.0.3, or maybe 5.0.1 or so. I currently run all of my servers and clients servers on 4.4.x and have no issues. In the 5.x.x series they changed how they handle objects (amoung other things) and it causes problems everywhere in the code base. I would go back to the 4.4.x line of PHP.
    Kenneth Brill - Help Forum Moderator

When asking for help, PLEASE give us your Server Information and Version Numbers as asked for on the 'Post New Message' screen as well as any JavaScript errors shown at the bottom of the browser window.
    Help us Help You

Look for these SugarCRM Tools
    SweetDBAdmin 1.9 - Intuitive web interface for your SugarCRM 6.4+ database (MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle and DB2)
    SweetUndelete 1.0 - The very best Undelete module for SugarCRM 6.4+. Allows admins and Users to undelete records and relationships
    SweetTinyMCEUpgrade - Upgrades your SugarCRM's TinyMCE installation to 3.5.8 (currently it's 3.4.4)
    SweetActivities 0.8 beta - An example of how to create a View on Calls, Meetings, Tasks and Emails so they can be viewed and reported on as one module. NOT FOR MSSQL YET

zycl0n is offline Junior Member

I have now completely restarted my install from scratch. I uninstalled MySQL, PHP, and SugarCRM. I am using MySQL 4.1, and PHP 4.4.x series. I have followed your "complete idiot's guide" to the letter, and yet I still error out at step 6. The error however has changed to this:

Creating the table relationships...Error creating table: relationships: Query Failed:create table relationships (id char(36) NOT NULL ,relationship_name varchar(150) NOT NULL ,lhs_module varchar(100) NOT NULL ,lhs_table varchar(64) NOT NULL ,lhs_key varchar(64) NOT NULL ,rhs_module varchar(100) NOT NULL ,rhs_table varchar(64) NOT NULL ,rhs_key varchar(64) NOT NULL ,join_table varchar(64) ,join_key_lhs varchar(64) ,join_key_rhs varchar(64) ,relationship_type varchar(64) ,relationship_role_column varchar(64) ,relationship_role_column_value varchar(50) ,reverse bool DEFAULT '0' ,deleted bool DEFAULT '0' , PRIMARY KEY (id), KEY idx_rel_name (relationship_name))::MySQL error 1005: Can't create table '.\sugarcrm\relationships.frm' (errno: 121)

I again am completely clueless. I have NO custom configs at all.

stevec is offline Sugar Community Member

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...21&btnG=Search

It might be that despite uninstalling mysql, it left the directory containing the base database files. When you reinstalled mysql and then reinstalled sugar, it had problems with the detritus left behind.

depeding on what sort of tables you created, you could stop mysql, do into the data directory and remove the sugarcrm databse folder and all contained files. Then reinstall sugarcrm again (bear in mind that if you created a mysql user for sugar it will still exist and will not need recreating. Alternatively, you could uninstall everything again, remove all remaining mysql files and directories, and instll again

Thread Information