Thread: Installed theme now whole system is broken and can't revert back

lmoreau@invution.com Guest

Default Installed theme now whole system is broken and can't revert back

I installed this Google looking theme to try it out in Sugar CE 6.5 and enabled it which didn't work at all, it looked terrible. I was able to click my username, and click the Themes tab and revert back to my old theme. The forum online said to install the theme with Module loader instead so I did that, which enabled it automatically, however it still is broken but now when I go to my username, there's no more Themes tab at all.

I deleted the Google theme from the /themes directory and /cache/themes as well but now it shows Sugar like as if there's no theme at all. I have backups of my Sugar install so I deleted everything from the /themes and /cache/themes directory putting that back to just "default" and "Sugar5" but it still does the same thing. config.php shows default theme as MyTheme which was a custom one I was using, so I renamed that to Sugar5, and then default but still no luck it's completely broken. Any ideas on how I can fix this mess?

kir
    kir is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Installed theme now whole system is broken and can't revert back

check upload/upgrades/theme , upload/upgrades/temp and delete
    repair and rebuild, set in admin->themes Classic theme to default
    clear browser cache & cookies
    close browser and relogin to sugar

any success?

kir

lmoreau@invution.com Guest

Default Re: Installed theme now whole system is broken and can't revert back

Got it working thanks, I didn't even notice that under Admin it showed a Themes link right there where I was able to change the default, as before it let me just do it from my username, seems to be working now.

As a side note, when customizing themes, does anyone know where the buttons are customized or stored? Like when you have Edit, Duplicate etc, they have a blue tint to them, is that from CSS or is it an image somewhere? I checked literally every reference to a gif or png in style.css and changed all as a test and none changed the button. Was able to change the rest no problem. I made a custom theme which is in /custom/themes/ThemeName and edit all the CSS etc there which works, just can't figure out buttons...

Thread Information