Thread: Logic hook help

rob@bdsbearing.com Guest

Post Logic hook help

I am using Sugar Community Edition 6.5.0. What I need to be able to do is have the 'log call' screen (for a follow up) come up as soon as a new note for an account is saved. I also need to make sure that once the new call is logged it generates a reminder e-mail to whoever is setting up the call. I have looked all over and I have not been able to find a similar example to this on the web. I am NOT a programmer and while I understand what I am trying to do I have no idea how to translate that to a logic hook. I am kind of under the gun here and I am running out of ideas. Is there anyone who can help me with this issue?

jmertic is offline Sugar Community Manager

Default Re: Logic hook help

Do you need the actual screen to come up, or could you just programmatic-ally create the call record instead?

Also, which version of Sugar are you using?
    John Mertic
    Sugar Community Manager

rob@bdsbearing.com Guest

Thank you for your reply. I am using Sugar Community Edition 6.5.0 (Build 8338). What I need is for the actual 'New Call' screen to come up as soon as the 'Create Note' subscreen under Accounts->History has been saved. That way my sales force can enter in the date/time of a follow up call to that customer without having to navigate to a different screen.

As far as the e-mail notifications go, I have read in the userguide for Sugar that a user cannot assign a task to themselves, such as a follow up call, and have it send them a reminder. I have tested this and it seems to be true. I, on the other hand, can set up the follow up call for another user and they get the e-mail notification just fine. Is this an issue because I am on the Community Edition or is this inherently how Sugar is designed to work?

jmertic is offline Sugar Community Manager

For the first item, you probably should set the $_REQUEST['return_module'] to 'Calls' and $_REQUEST['return_action'] to 'EditView' and $_REQUEST['return_id'] to blank in the logic hook and see if that works.

For email notifications, yes it is how Sugar works. Would be good feedback to send to us at Bug Portal | SugarCRM.com English (Americas).
    John Mertic
    Sugar Community Manager

davidboris is offline Sugar Community Member

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. I am using Sugar Community Edition 6.5.0 (Build 8338). What I need is for the actual 'New Call' screen to come up as soon as the 'Create Note' subscreen under Accounts->History has been saved. That way my sales force can enter in the date/time of a follow up call to that customer without having to navigate to a different screen.
    Suggestion : You can create a new sugar widget button and add it to history subpanel for Notes. when user click on that button, you should display a modal dialog or popup to enter call info and save it via ajax.
    Web : http://www.urdhva-tech.com
    Twitter : @urdhvatech
    Email : contact@urdhva-tech.com
    Blog : Urdhva-Tech

Our Premium Projects for SugarCRM:
    Premium theme for SugarCRM CE (Community Edition 6.5+ with 4 combinations, Black + Orange/Red/Green/Blue, bootstrap3 based)
    Duplicate detector to avoid duplicate data entry.
    Customer Self Service Portal for All Flavours.
    tagMe A complete tag management for SugarCRM.
    Meeting Map Reminder Meeting reminder with Gmap in Email

Thread Information