Thread: MySQL 'tracker' table marked as crashed and should be repaired...

niche is offline Sugar Community Member

Default MySQL 'tracker' table marked as crashed and should be repaired...

Hi all,

We can't log into our SugarCRM after a system crash due to the following error message:

Query Failed:SELECT tracker.* from tracker WHERE user_id='45f52fb7-fa38-200a-6382-4408ece70642' ORDER BY id DESC LIMIT 0,10::MySQL error 145: Table '.\sugarcrm\tracker' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

This is what phpMyAdmin says when I look at the tracker table:

#145 - Table '.\sugarcrm\tracker' is marked as crashed and should be repaired

Some stats:
    Windows XP Pro SP2
    SugarCRM 4.5.0 open source (not sure which rev as I can't log in to check)
    Apache: 2.2.0
    php version: 4.4.1
    MySQL Version: 5.0.18

This is a basic XAMPP install and has been working fine for about 1.5 years.

I know nothing about MySQL databases or how to repair them.
    Is this fatal?
    I'm assuming that if my database can't be easily repaired that all of my data is still in there and can be exported?

System crash started after updating a few MS security updates and IE7 install. (I know, I know...)

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jeremy
    SugarCRM 4.5.0h
    XAMPP
    http://www.nichemodern.com

robsoles is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: MySQL 'tracker' table marked as crashed and should be repaired...

Hi niche,

Hopefully someone who knows drayloads more about mysql (particularly in winxp enviro) will come along and make you a better response than this, but for the meantime:

Can you roll back the updates/installations you allowed/made leading up to this crash?

Google terms like: "mysql database corrupted winxp" and "mysql database crashed winxp", someone will have posted somewhere the details of repairing a MYSQL DB in windows.

For future updates/installations, can you mirror your entire system you are running sugarcrm on and run updates/installations in the mirror first? If the update/installation takes down your mirror I think you know not to rush into updating/installing on the live one.

regards,
    robsoles.

niche is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: MySQL 'tracker' table marked as crashed and should be repaired...

Thanks Rob, your advice is sage. I thought the problem with constant crashing was my ATI video card -- ATI has caused so many problems in the past that replacing them with nVidia cards fixed immediately.
    I thought that was the problem and replaced the card today with an nVidia, but going to phpMyAdmin in IE7 immediately crashed the PC, not even a blue screen, just a reset.

I followed your advice and uninstalled IE7. Sheesh, what a mess.

THE GOOD NEWS!

I found a great little tutorial on how to REPAIR MYSQL TABLES with phpMyAdmin as I'm an idiot when it comes to command line stuff, especially MySQL.

http://paulstamatiou.com/2006/05/31/...in-phpmyadmin/

I simply logged into phpMyAdmin, selected the SugarCRM database, and then clicked the checkbox for the TRACKER table.

At the bottom of the screen there is a dropdown menu called "With Selected" (horrible name!) -- and you can choose to REPAIR TABLE.

This worked like a charm and I am now able to login to SugarCRM.
    There are a few other scary yellow warning message in many other tables - hopefully those are not important.

I'll do further testing and see.

Hopefully this will help somebody in the future.

Jeremy
    SugarCRM 4.5.0h
    XAMPP
    http://www.nichemodern.com

Thread Information