Thread: ZIP Error(5): Status(0) while upgrade to 6.2.2

lenz1979 is offline Sugar Community Member

Default ZIP Error(5): Status(0) while upgrade to 6.2.2

Hello,

i have sugarCE 6.2.1 running and wanted to upgrade to 6.2.2

But while uploading the ZIP File it tells me ZIP Error(5): Status(0).....

all permissions are set to 777. i can open the ZIP Archive of the Upgrade-File locally without any problems.

Have you any idea?

regards
    Last edited by lenz1979; 2011-08-30 at 01:58 PM.

MatR is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: ZIP Error(5): Status(0) while upgrade to 6.2.2

Hello,

I got the same problem with 621 to 622 upgrade on one server. Even in Silent upgrade, it does'nt work and I got this message :

PHP Code:
    This Upgrade process may take sometime***************

The patch did not contain a proper manifest.php file.  Cannot continue. 
    Problem seems to come form PHP "ZipArchive" class which called for unzip files like upgrades.

I don't succeed to solve the problem yet but I have a workaround :

Before upgrade, change the file : include/utils/zip_utils.php

Comment lines 32, 33, 34, 35 :

PHP Code:
    //if(class_exists("ZipArchive")) {
      //  require_once 'include/utils/php_zip_utils.php';
       // return;
    //} else { 
    And line 122 :

PHP Code:
    //} // if (ZipArchive exists) 
    The upgrade should work after that.
    Mathieu Rodrigues
    Consultant CRM
    CARRENET - SugarCRM Gold Partner
    >>> Suivez notre actualité sur Twitter ! http://twitter.com/carrenet

=> Traduction Française de SugarCRM par CARRENET
    => Calendar Web 2.0
    => SugarTAGS

Problem seems to be Ziparchive.

without using ZipArchive it worked.

in /includes/utils/zip_utils.php you can change

PHP Code:
    if(class_exists("ZipArchive")) { 
    to

PHP Code:
    if(class_exists("NOTAVAILABLEZipArchive")) { 
    then it uses pclzip as fallback. And for me this worked.

thanks MatR.

found the same solution...

dhew Guest

This error occurred on my Sugar CRM CE instance during a custom module uninstall (deactivate was fine) today. The editing of zip_utils.php worked for me, but clearly whatever causes this issue is still not resolved in 6.5.4.

MartinBlue is offline Sugar Community Member

Thank you for posting this workaround. This doesn't get to the root of the issue, but it definitely let's us run our upgrades. I wonder if the server is missing a necessary PHP extension and that's why it fails. This was unresolved as of Sugar 6.5.5 as well.

chaosugar Guest

The issue from what I suspected (and confirmed), was that the version of PHP isn't up to date, and therefore the ZipArchive class doesn't exist. Thus, people who're experiencing this issue need to upgrade their environment rather than going in and hacking away in the PHP code. Just because "it works" doesn't make it the right way to go about fixing the issue.

I was experiencing this problem also, came across this page, and cracked the zip file to edit as above. The suggested changes weren't possible in the version upgrade I was trying to apply (6.2.6 -> 6.3.3). The code simply wasn't editable as suggested, and so I wasn't able to change it. That said, since it wasn't version specific according to various posts here, I also guessed that it wasn't related at all to Sugar, but in fact to the environment. The error messages reported also seemed to indicate that it was a matter of it being "not present", and thus, it has to have been "present" at some point. There was also no installer for a separate ZipArchive PHP package for Ubuntu, so I concluded that it must be part of the standard PHP libraries.

I then attempted to upgrade my system's install of PHP, and was prevented from doing so since it was an outdated chroot of 9.04 Ubuntu (unsupported now). I migrated my install to a 10.04 LTS Ubuntu, and as a side effect of course, PHP was upgraded along with the system (PHP 5.2.6 on Ubuntu 9.04, to PHP 5.3.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS).

After that, the Sugar upgrade worked just fine as usual, no problems.

I guess the long and short of it, is that one must also pay attention to the underlying system and make sure it's up to date before attempting to upgrade.

A company like Sugar isn't going to put out universally broken software, and force their users who're paying ridiculous amounts of money to go in and hack the PHP code embedded in a zip file. That simply isn't going to happen. I personally am using Sugar CE however, so I suppose the "lots of money" thing doesn't apply to me or my company.

I will say that to improve on this process, perhaps they should also include the minimum revisions of any software that Sugar is dependent on, which would likely solve these problems before they become an issue in the first place. I'm not aware of that being present, but then I also didn't go digging through the rest of the package to find out if a requirements doc was in it or not.

Anyway, hope that helps. The problem only exists in a PHP version before 5.3.2 when it applies to Linux/Debian.

terencelhl is offline Sugar Community Member

Thumbs up Re: ZIP Error(5): Status(0) while upgrade to 6.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by chaosugar View Post
    The issue from what I suspected (and confirmed), was that the version of PHP isn't up to date, and therefore the ZipArchive class doesn't exist. Thus, people who're experiencing this issue need to upgrade their environment rather than going in and hacking away in the PHP code. Just because "it works" doesn't make it the right way to go about fixing the issue.

I was experiencing this problem also, came across this page, and cracked the zip file to edit as above. The suggested changes weren't possible in the version upgrade I was trying to apply (6.2.6 -> 6.3.3). The code simply wasn't editable as suggested, and so I wasn't able to change it. That said, since it wasn't version specific according to various posts here, I also guessed that it wasn't related at all to Sugar, but in fact to the environment. The error messages reported also seemed to indicate that it was a matter of it being "not present", and thus, it has to have been "present" at some point. There was also no installer for a separate ZipArchive PHP package for Ubuntu, so I concluded that it must be part of the standard PHP libraries.

I then attempted to upgrade my system's install of PHP, and was prevented from doing so since it was an outdated chroot of 9.04 Ubuntu (unsupported now). I migrated my install to a 10.04 LTS Ubuntu, and as a side effect of course, PHP was upgraded along with the system (PHP 5.2.6 on Ubuntu 9.04, to PHP 5.3.2 on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS).

After that, the Sugar upgrade worked just fine as usual, no problems.

I guess the long and short of it, is that one must also pay attention to the underlying system and make sure it's up to date before attempting to upgrade.

A company like Sugar isn't going to put out universally broken software, and force their users who're paying ridiculous amounts of money to go in and hack the PHP code embedded in a zip file. That simply isn't going to happen. I personally am using Sugar CE however, so I suppose the "lots of money" thing doesn't apply to me or my company.

I will say that to improve on this process, perhaps they should also include the minimum revisions of any software that Sugar is dependent on, which would likely solve these problems before they become an issue in the first place. I'm not aware of that being present, but then I also didn't go digging through the rest of the package to find out if a requirements doc was in it or not.

Anyway, hope that helps. The problem only exists in a PHP version before 5.3.2 when it applies to Linux/Debian.
    Hi Chaossugar,

Good point. Will try this out.

Thank you!
    Thank you.

Regards,

Terence Loo

Thread Information