Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Importing Cases/Tickets

dstrickler is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Importing Cases/Tickets

I am doing an Eval of Sugar Pro, and I can't seem to find where I would import out existing Cases. I can import Accounts and Contacts just fine.

Any clues?

TIA,

Dave

Default Re: Importing Cases/Tickets

I have gotten confirmation from my Sales Rep at Sugar that there is no Import feature for Cases which seems very strange to me. I know how to import them, but the features seems very absent from the product.

Has anyone written an Import module for Cases and/or Opps? If not, I am going to have to write one, but I can't belive no one has found this a problem before...

milkman is offline Junior Member

dstrickler, how did you actually go about importing the cases? I'm a complete Sugar newbie, and I'm just now checking to see if Sugar will be a valid replacement for Salesforce, as we use it mostly for Customer Support cases.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by milkman
    dstrickler, how did you actually go about importing the cases? I'm a complete Sugar newbie, and I'm just now checking to see if Sugar will be a valid replacement for Salesforce, as we use it mostly for Customer Support cases.

Thanks!!
    I had to write the code by hand. Luckly our data was in CSV format, so it was easy to read, and the Case Table in mySQL was easy to populate. It was about 1-2 hours of work. I'm upset I had to do it (read: Sugar did not support this), but it wasn't that hard to implement.
    Dave Strickler
    MailWise LLC
    www.mailwise.com
    Intelligent Email Protection, compatible with Sugar

milkman is offline Junior Member

Yeah, that doesn't make me too happy either. We're not at Pro yet, but looking into the product. I'll look into it and see what it would require for our effort.

Thanks for the reply!

IIT
    IIT is offline Member

I just finished doing a quick and dirty hack of the Import for opportunities so that I could import service records without wiritng a back end script. Pretty straight forward stuff for the most part. I have not done much testing but the important parts are:

1) Ensure that /modules/Cases/Import.php is in place (I copied mine from an import enabled module)
    2) Add something like the following to /modules/Import/config.php

PHP Code:
    $import_bean_map = array(

'Contacts' => 'ImportContact'
    'Cases' => 'ImportCase'
    ); 
    3) Create ImportCase.php (Again I copied the original from ImportOpportunity). The whole idea is extended the module bean and writing special functions for munging input as needed.

4) If you want to access the import via the menu add the following URL: http://siteURL/index.php?module=Case...n_action=index

Again, this is by no means a step by step but the overall concept is there. It should take a couple of hours to get something going.

whitefor is offline Member

Angry Re: Importing Cases/Tickets

Not having IMPORT cases is very frustrating. We have been using SugarCRM for a few months ... it is a good product. But we have bumped into several bugs making the system unusuable ... installed the new Outlook Plugin and it screwed up the Sugar interface ... made an editing layout mistake and could not recover.

In each case I have reinstalled the entire SugarCRM suite to recover. But have not been able to import the cases ... so every time I reinstall I lose the existing cases and history ... VERY FRUSTRATING.

To me ... having an IMPORT cases would be huge !!!!

Gill is offline Sugar Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by IIT
    I just finished doing a quick and dirty hack of the Import for opportunities so that I could import service records without wiritng a back end script. Pretty straight forward stuff for the most part. I have not done much testing but the important parts are:

1) Ensure that /modules/Cases/Import.php is in place (I copied mine from an import enabled module)
    2) Add something like the following to /modules/Import/config.php

PHP Code:
    $import_bean_map = array(

'Contacts' => 'ImportContact'
    'Cases' => 'ImportCase'
    ); 
    3) Create ImportCase.php (Again I copied the original from ImportOpportunity). The whole idea is extended the module bean and writing special functions for munging input as needed.

4) If you want to access the import via the menu add the following URL: http://siteURL/index.php?module=Case...n_action=index

Again, this is by no means a step by step but the overall concept is there. It should take a couple of hours to get something going.
    I have tried to get this up and running, but as soon as I try to load the import page it get the "Import Step 1:..." screen, but I do note receive the radio buttons. Obviously some error has occurred, but I am unable to track this down. Has anyone else do this and is happy to share their PHP? I really need this function.

Thanks

ggr88 is offline Member

Did anyone get this working? Can you post the solution?

Thanks,
    Gareth

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information