Does anyone have experience using Sugar (Open Source) as a central idea management tool?
We'd like a solution where ideas could be "opportunities" and progress through a research then product development process. Ideally, we'd be able to:
- Capture ideas for a new tool/solution or product from a variety of sources (if we have to, we can input the idea ourselves). Possibly log as an opportunity (though not a sales opportunity)?
- Use an Outlook plug-in to mark e-mail messages as belonging to an new tool/solution idea
- Identify possible approaches for building
- Identify/suggest available tools for research
- Compare features of various solutions
- Record discovery and other notes
- Ability to sign off on approach/requirements, etc.
- Ability to promote an idea/opportunity out of discovery into a product development project
- List stakeholders and others involved
- Allow end-users to subscribe to updates on researched idea or product development project