Thread: Product Catalog as Inventory Control

smagha is offline Junior Member

Default Product Catalog as Inventory Control

Hey,

I have a project requirement for a basic inventory control module to be implemented with Sugar. My first thought was to use the 'Product Catalog' module as a inventory module with a few extra fields. I did however notice that the 'Quantity' field remains unaffected in Product Catalog even after a quote had been 'closed accepted' - which should be the obvious thing for the system to do.

Now since this functionality does not already exist I was wondering if I could use a logic hook to decreement the product's quantities (in the product catalog module) specified in the quote and on condition that quote has been closed and accepted.

Any suggestions or ideas on would be appreciated.

bickart68 is online now Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Product Catalog as Inventory Control

We have customer that we have implemented such a modification.
    However, the Product Catalog qty is based upon the Product module. Further, our Quote's module will not allow you save a Closed Accepted Quote if the Product Catalog QTY is below what you are asking.

This customization was implemented for a particular customer and took a while to implement. This is something that could be done on your own but may take a lot of trial and error to get working correctly.

Thanks Jeff.

We were planning to build a new package to handle inventory, quotes and invoices. However the customer has now decided to stick with the Product Catalog out of the box. Although I do believe that quantities in Product Catalog must be decremented when a quote is closed accepted which should be related to Oppurtunities. I might be wrong. However this has been submitted to sugar dev as a bug.

bickart68 is online now Sugar Community Member

We would be more than happy to provide you with a demonstration to you and your customer.

Our implementation prevents ordering if qty on hand is below the qty that you are attempting to order

@Warehouse : Can you suggest any solutions that integrate with Sugar?

@Jeff : Thank you for the offer. I will get in touch with you if we have a requirement for this feature and I'm pretty sure it will come up again at some point in the near future.

Take Care

shanebishop is offline Junior Member

Instead of using a product catalog which has a very limited set of features, why not try full-pledged POS systems instead? There are robust POS software available that can take care of your inventory along with other business processes.

HarryLee Guest

Actually we are an order fulfillment services provider and our main services are inventory control, warehouse management, supply chain management and drop shipping. And I would like to know same as for warehouse. Anyone can suggest?

Thread Information