Thread: Mailchimp integration

scommjudy is offline Senior Member

Default Mailchimp integration

I'm using MailChimp for sending out newsletter (rather than using SugarCRM).

MailChimp keeps track of which email bounces and which is invalid plus those who unsubscribed so they won't be sent again.

As of yet, there's no Mailchimp cooperation with SugarCRM. So what's the quickest method to mark emails in SugarCRM as "opt out" or "invalid"?

And no, I do not have access to MySQL.

Thanks for the assistance.

fabioaroca Guest

Default Re: Mailchimp integration

Quote Originally Posted by scommjudy View Post
    I'm using MailChimp for sending out newsletter (rather than using SugarCRM).

MailChimp keeps track of which email bounces and which is invalid plus those who unsubscribed so they won't be sent again.

As of yet, there's no Mailchimp cooperation with SugarCRM. So what's the quickest method to mark emails in SugarCRM as "opt out" or "invalid"?

And no, I do not have access to MySQL.

Thanks for the assistance.

Hope this help
    CRMStage - SugarCRM Module - SugarChimp ListSync

David Esrati is offline Sugar Community Member

you shouldn't need to integrate with MailChimp-
    if you want to do that- go use Capsule CRM which depends on Mailchimp for mailing.
    This is because Sugar hasn't figured out that their campaigns module is a POS
    and- they are witholding parts of the new version from the CE version.

jmertic is offline Sugar Community Manager

We haven't held anything back for CE in the commercial edition in regards to the Campaigns module. It's just a bit old in the tooth, and in need of a redesign.

Please provide any input in this thread...

Building a better campaigns module

Thanks!
    John Mertic
    Sugar Community Manager

josh.sweeney is offline Sugar Community Member

BrainUSA,

When we built SugarChimp ( SugarCRM to MailChimp ) we added multiple opt out features to SugarCRM so I know that it can be completed in SugarCRM.

We built a few administrative settings and an opt out module which is checked during synchronizations. This might be a good route for you to go as well.

azurelink is offline Sugar Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by josh.sweeney View Post
    BrainUSA,

When we built SugarChimp ( SugarCRM to MailChimp ) we added multiple opt out features to SugarCRM so I know that it can be completed in SugarCRM.

We built a few administrative settings and an opt out module which is checked during synchronizations. This might be a good route for you to go as well.
    I hate to say it, but I'm having the hardest time getting SugarChimp to work properly. I've been hacking at it since late March, going around and around with Atcore's tech support. Running into dead-ends with the response from them, "I'm not able to provide further systems-level support anymore." I've done everything asked of me. And I must say that other than basic installation instructions, I haven't been able to find more specific instructions on the Atcore site. The installation and configuration instructions seem to be incomplete, as they don't cover things I've run into.

For example:

The first time I installed it, I ran into some php.ini setting issues. Increased those as needed, deleted SugarChimp and reinstalled. No MailChimp Campaigns tab in the menu. Ended up manually setting that up according to instructions in an email from their tech guy, Milos Miric. But no synched campaign data from MailChimp.

After repeated emails to Milos, finally got a reply about Atcore having a new release. Okay, I upgraded SugarCRM to the newest release and then uninstalled SugarChimp and reinstalled according to instructions. No SugarChimp Processes ran in the scheduler, even though the cron was set up properly as confirmed by the host (Bluehost). Ended up hacking the cron.php file commenting out the following code after which the crons ran:

// $sapi_type = php_sapi_name();
    // if (substr($sapi_type, 0, 3) != 'cli') {
    // sugar_die("cron.php is CLI only.");
    // }

Lists appeared to be updating. And now one of three MailChimp campaigns sent in the last 180 days shows up, but only the overview stats for the single campaign shows up, none of the deeper per subscriber analytics came through from MailChimp. A where are the other two campaigns?

It's been a week and a half and still no other campaigns. I've rechecked my settings for accuracy in SugarChimp and MailChimp many times, i.e., API Key, Security code, webhooks, list labels and tags, cron syntax, etc.
    It's interesting too, because before the upgrade of SugarChimp, the crons were running, but all of the SugarChimp scheduler items were failing.

Frankly, I had high hopes of this module for synching the MailChimp campaign data, but now I look like a total fool in front of my client, since this module is still not working and there doesn't appear to be an attitude from Atcore of helping the customer and getting their product to just work. I provided him access to our SugarCRM instance, but very little results to report. Ultimately, that's what it comes down to, making the thing work for the customer and stopping at nothing until it does work.

Can you please help me to fix this, Josh?

Thread Information