Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Multiple Assigned To Users for Records

Falk is offline Member

Default Multiple Assigned To Users for Records

Hello,

My Sales team is broken into three major product families and about 20% of my customer purchase multiple product families. So for the 20% of customer that purchase two product families they have two separate Sales Reps. I am looking to add two Assign To Sales reps (or possible more) for Contact or Account records.

I have not been able to find away to do this, I would like both sales reps to be able to use the reports such as My Records and My Items built into core.

Any one else looking for this feature or have similar issue?

kirstyobrien is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Multiple Assigned To Users for Records

Hi, I raised this as a feature request this week as we would like a feature (like teams) that enables you to add more than one user to a record using the a multi-relate type of field.

grenness is offline Junior Member

Not to hijack the thread, but I would like to see similar support for multiple sales people in Opportunities as well.
    I will try to study the administrator handbook to see whether I could/should use the Team option in such cases, but the "user case" is that two of my salespeople work together on a case, say worth $100.000,-
    We have a scheme to give them both commissions on such collaboration cases, but as of today only one of them will actually receive recognition for the Booked Order In - unless they split the case into to separate Opportunities worth $50.000,- each.
    What I would like is to be able to run reports on both of these sellers' performance, and see that they both were recognized for the $100k deal - but when doing a Sum Amount report for Opportunities in a given time period, this deal should only appear once with the correct $100k value, of course.

Thanks,
    Christopher

jason.staines is offline Sugar Community Member

We have a sales team which is broken down into 12 different sales territories. Each territory has a sales rep assigned and the senior managers are adamant that sales reps should only be able to see those records which are in their area. Which would be fine if we only had one sales team, but we have 4. The other sales teams must have equal access to all records. I (stupidly) assumed that Sugar was able to handle this based on the teams and roles security structure.

What I need is
    1. the ability to allow users access to objects based on which teams they belong to and which team(s) the object is assigned to.
    2. The ability to assign mulitple "owners" to objects, particularly accounts.

jlabuelo is offline Sugar Community Member

Hi all

I am looking for a way to "share" a record betwen two or more users (assigned it to them) like you are describing in this post.

Did you get to achieve this anyway? Will appreciate if you can share it?

Thanks a lot in advacne

Nathan.McClintock@yellow.co.nz Guest

+1 to this feature from us; we also have accounts assigned to multiple reps for handling for different purposes; and handling this via any of the workarounds I have seen break all the default filters and notifications.

Judging from the number of forum posts around this it seems like a pretty common use case generally too!
    perfection likes this.

christianknoll is offline Sugar Community Member

We are just completing our new Organization and Territorry Management. Asides a lot of other features the multiassignment of users as CoOwners can be enabled on all Objects. See screenshot below from an Account with territory Assignments and also multi User assignments.

Name:  ce65_20130131_154628.png
Views: 420
Size:  38.8 KB

regards, christian.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan.McClintock@yellow.co.nz View Post
    +1 to this feature from us; we also have accounts assigned to multiple reps for handling for different purposes; and handling this via any of the workarounds I have seen break all the default filters and notifications.

Judging from the number of forum posts around this it seems like a pretty common use case generally too!

perfection Guest

+1 from me to! I'm currently running 5 identical copys of Sugar in parallel so every change I implement i have to perform 5 times (including update, adding new users, account, etc.)! It's a terrible mess but we simply havn't been able to se an alternative to this as we really need to assign single accounts to multiple sales reps depending on the product/team they are working on.

Hope this essential feature get's a little more attention in the future!

In the meantime: If there is anyone out there who is able and willing to code this for us, please send me a message, and we'll se if we can work something out!

christianknoll is offline Sugar Community Member

contact me at info@kreporter.org ... as the screenshot above shows we have a ready to go solution for this.

christian.

kirstyobrien is offline Sugar Community Member

Hi Christian, is this something that could be implemented in an on-demand instance? Is it upgrade safe?
    Thanks
    Kirsty

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information