Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By agcopley

Thread: Roles and Hierarchy

orlandocrm Guest

Default Roles and Hierarchy

Help

We have installed the Community version.. and like it so far

What we would like is to have sales people enter customers. But each sales rep should not see the other sales reps' customers.

The Sales Manager can see their own team's customers.

The Sales Director (and other exec) can see all of the teams' customers and activities.. etc..

I think we can do this if we pay monthly with Sugar CRM...

but.. We would like this coded for us.. after all it's an Open Source product.. and that's the beauty of being Open Source right?

So is there someone out there that can develop/create these roles and hierarchy for us? Or point us to an existing solution or developer/company?

Any ideas or suggestions welcomed

Thank you.

agcopley is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Roles and Hierarchy

Quote Originally Posted by orlandocrm View Post
    Help

We have installed the Community version.. and like it so far

What we would like is to have sales people enter customers. But each sales rep should not see the other sales reps' customers.

The Sales Manager can see their own team's customers.

The Sales Director (and other exec) can see all of the teams' customers and activities.. etc..

I think we can do this if we pay monthly with Sugar CRM...

but.. We would like this coded for us.. after all it's an Open Source product.. and that's the beauty of being Open Source right?

So is there someone out there that can develop/create these roles and hierarchy for us? Or point us to an existing solution or developer/company?

Any ideas or suggestions welcomed

Thank you.
    Hi there, if the hierarchy is a strict, linear hierarchy in that a person cant belong to two distinct branches of the tree, then this is relatively simple to implement.. a couple of hours
    at the most..there is an old SugarForge project called ZuckerHierarchy, which needs to be updated for v6.x. I have done it for an other client and when I get a moment I'll upload
    it as a package..but meanwhile examine the project in SForge to get the gist

Thx
    Andrew

eggsurplus is offline Sugar Community Member

Having each sales rep see their own records is as easy as setting their Roles to Owner rights. To support the requirement for Sales Managers seeing only their own teams check out my SecuritySuite module on SugarForge. Just download the version that matches your version of SugarCRM. It works at the core code level to ensure that the data is locked down in every respect.

To get this setup working for your scenario you would create a team (or group is what it is called in SecuritySuite) for each of your sales teams. Add all the users to the team. Make sure the reps have a role assigned to them with only Owner rights for all modules/views. Assign the managers Group rights so that they can see everything in their own team. Then associate the records to the correct teams. This is the critical piece that ties the managers with group rights to the correct records.
    Last edited by eggsurplus; 2012-12-04 at 06:43 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Using CE and have 2 or more users? You need SecuritySuite - Teams

agcopley is offline Sugar Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by agcopley View Post
    Hi there, if the hierarchy is a strict, linear hierarchy in that a person cant belong to two distinct branches of the tree, then this is relatively simple to implement.. a couple of hours
    at the most..there is an old SugarForge project called ZuckerHierarchy, which needs to be updated for v6.x. I have done it for an other client and when I get a moment I'll upload
    it as a package..but meanwhile examine the project in SForge to get the gist

Thx
    Andrew
    Please find attached the ZuckerHierarchy archive for v6.x
    But refer to the Original project in SForge and check the patch file for the changes necessary in SugarBean and ListViewData files (they are minor)
    The hierarchy is created by setting the 'Reports to' field for the user.
    If a simple hierarchy is what you need, then this is the easiest way
    Let me know if you have any questions

Thx
    AndrewZuckerHierarchy_1.2.zip
    eggsurplus likes this.

Thread Information