Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Adding 'customCode' to metadata for 'Account_subpanel_contacts' does nothing

blak3r is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Adding 'customCode' to metadata for 'Account_subpanel_contacts' does nothing

All I need to do is add a span with a particular class around the phone numbers so I can fancy them up with Click to Dial support.

I have a /custom/modules/Contacts/metadata/subpanels/Account_subpanel_contacts.php file (this gets created when you modify the Contacts subpanel layout in studio)...

I tried adding customCode to the phone number variable but it seems to be ignored. This custom code works in say a listview metadata file.

Code:
      'phone_work' => 
      array (
        'name' => 'phone_work',
        'vname' => 'LBL_LIST_PHONE',
        'width' => '20%',
        'default' => true,
    	'customCode' => '<span class="phone" id="">{$phone_work}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;',
      ),
    I'm guessing the subpanel metadata isn't being processed by XTemplate like regular listview data is. Any suggestions?

I looked at making a custom widget but it got pretty complicated pretty quickly. As the phone one inherits from SugarWidgetFieldvarchar.php which inherits from SugarWidgetReportField... and in both files I didn't find a suitable method to overwrite to customize the output.

NOTE: This issue has been solved. There are a few different suggestions throughout the thread. Ultimately, I went with the one eggsurplus suggested in this post: Adding 'customCode' to metadata for 'Account_subpanel_contacts' does nothing Thanks for everyone's help.
    Last edited by blak3r; 2012-05-06 at 09:00 PM. Reason: Noted this thread is solved.
    Sugar 6.5 Pro, On-Site (Apache 2.2, MySQL 5.5, PHP 5.3.6)

My Sugar Addons:
    Callinize - (formerly known as yaai) Full Featured Asterisk Integration + Mobile App(fork it here) - June 2012 POTM
    Website Visitor Tracker - powered by Google Analytics provides personalized dashlet of relevant accounts/leads/keywords for each user.
    Email To Sugar - Archive emails in any mail client by adding a BCC line.
    Task Dashlets Plus- Adds custom dashlets for: tasks assigned to me by others, delegated tasks, overdue tasks, and open tasks past start date
    Full Text Search Indexer for Sugar v6.5- OSS Solution to make your KB articles searchable today!

www.blakerobertson.com

adam.frank is offline A Prolific Poster

Default Re: Adding 'customCode' to metadata for 'Account_subpanel_contacts' does nothing

Another option might be to use the process_record logic hook?

crmwa_Joel is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Adding 'customCode' to metadata for 'Account_subpanel_contacts' does nothing

hi Blak3r,

what are you trying to achieve by doing this?

can you give a little code snipet,

best,

sjakobsson is offline Sugar Community Member

We added some custom code to deal with relationships and had to add a snippet in Metadata/accounts_contactsMetadata.php as otherwise it was not being picked up. This was due to the file already exists as processing of metadata does not give precedence to the custom/metadata version.

Not sure if this helps at all but that was the way we got our customization to get picked up.

Cheers,

Sofia

Quote Originally Posted by crmwa_Joel View Post
    hi Blak3r,

what are you trying to achieve by doing this?

can you give a little code snipet,

best,
    I'm trying to surround the phone number with a span tag that has class=phone. I have some jquery code that turns any tags with this class name into clickable phone numbers.

I provided the code snippet in my original post.

My Sugar Addons:
    Callinize - (formerly known as yaai) Full Featured Asterisk Integration + Mobile App(fork it here) - June 2012 POTM
    Website Visitor Tracker - powered by Google Analytics provides personalized dashlet of relevant accounts/leads/keywords for each user.
    Task Dashlets Plus- Adds custom dashlets for: tasks assigned to me by others, delegated tasks, overdue tasks, and open tasks past start date
    Full Text Search Indexer for Sugar v6.5- OSS Solution to make your KB articles searchable today!

www.blakerobertson.com

Quote Originally Posted by sjakobsson View Post
    We added some custom code to deal with relationships and had to add a snippet in Metadata/accounts_contactsMetadata.php as otherwise it was not being picked up. This was due to the file already exists as processing of metadata does not give precedence to the custom/metadata version.

Not sure if this helps at all but that was the way we got our customization to get picked up.

Cheers,

Sofia
    Thanks Sofia... I can't wrap my head around the naming conventions used by sugar. One one of my instances I have a AccountsForAccount.php and the other is Account_subpanel_contacts.php... Beh.

Thanks for confirming it's magic if I get it working at least...

My Sugar Addons:

www.blakerobertson.com

sjakobsson is offline Sugar Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by blak3r View Post
    Thanks Sofia... I can't wrap my head around the naming conventions used by sugar. One one of my instances I have a AccountsForAccount.php and the other is Account_subpanel_contacts.php... Beh.

Thanks for confirming it's magic if I get it working at least...
    Have you clicked quick repair and rebuild?

Sofia

dhavaldarji is offline Sugar Community Member

Cool Re: Adding 'customCode' to metadata for 'Account_subpanel_contacts' does nothing

Quote Originally Posted by blak3r View Post
    All I need to do is add a span with a particular class around the phone numbers so I can fancy them up with Click to Dial support.

I have a /custom/modules/Contacts/metadata/subpanels/Account_subpanel_contacts.php file (this gets created when you modify the Contacts subpanel layout in studio)...

I tried adding customCode to the phone number variable but it seems to be ignored. This custom code works in say a listview metadata file.

Code:
      'phone_work' => 
      array (
        'name' => 'phone_work',
        'vname' => 'LBL_LIST_PHONE',
        'width' => '20%',
        'default' => true,
    	'customCode' => '<span class="phone" id="">{$phone_work}</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;',
      ),
    I'm guessing the subpanel metadata isn't being processed by XTemplate like regular listview data is. Any suggestions?

I looked at making a custom widget but it got pretty complicated pretty quickly. As the phone one inherits from SugarWidgetFieldvarchar.php which inherits from SugarWidgetReportField... and in both files I didn't find a suitable method to overwrite to customize the output.

You can achieve this with function get_list_view_data() in the module's class file
    add the function get_list_view_data() to Contact.php if not already there.

PHP Code:
    function get_list_view_data() {

$the_array parent::get_list_view_data();

$the_array['PHONE_WORK'] =    '<span class="phone" id="">' $the_array['PHONE_WORK'] . '</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;'      ;

return 
    $the_array;
        } 
    will do the trick.

Thanks,
    Dhaval Darji
    Last edited by dhavaldarji; 2012-05-04 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dhavaldarji View Post
    You can achieve this with function get_list_view_data() in the module's class file
    add the function get_list_view_data() to Contact.php if not already there.

PHP Code:

$the_array['PHONE_WORK'] =    '<span class="phone" id="">' $the_array['PHONE_WORK'] . '</span>&nbsp;&nbsp;'      ;

return 
    $the_array;
        } 
    will do the trick.

Thanks,
    Dhaval Darji
    Thanks Dhaval!

Your approach works when I added snippets into the core file at /modules/Contact/Contact.php, but when I tried to subclass it and put it in the /custom/modules/Contact/Contact.php
    Here's my complete class. Are you sure you can override Contact.php?

PHP Code:
    <?php
    if(!defined('sugarEntry') || !sugarEntry) die('Not A Valid Entry Point');
    require_once(
    'modules/Contact/Contact.php');

class 
    ClickToDialEnabledContact extends Contact {

// This function adds the "phone" class to all the contacts that show up in the subpanels on Accounts, Opportunities, etc.

$the_array['PHONE_WORK'] = '<span class="phone">' $the_array['PHONE_WORK'] . '</span>';
        return 
    $the_array
        }  
    }
    Last edited by blak3r; 2012-05-04 at 04:38 PM. Reason: Changed code formatting

My Sugar Addons:

www.blakerobertson.com

eggsurplus is offline Sugar Community Member

Unfortunately you can't safely override beans, yet. You can rename Contacts to Contacts_sugar.php and then have your own Contacts.php but that will get blown away on next update anyway.

Try using the process_record logic hook. This gets fired on list view and may on subpanel view as well. If not, there is another. Then manipulate the output there.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Using CE and have 2 or more users? You need SecuritySuite - Teams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information