Thread: Advanced Search Problem....

sahay143 Guest

Lightbulb Advanced Search Problem....

Hi All,

I have one problem in the Advanced Search of the Opportunity module,

In Basic Search when I search for the Opportunity by its name then I can find the result but when the same Opportunity I am searching by name in the advanced search I can not find any of the Opportunity, means the list view is blank, and still blank... I don't know why even I clear the field in the both the search but I can not find any Opportunity.
    Then I go to the user management and reset the user preference then I can see all the Opportunity in the list view.
    Again If I do the same thing for Opportunity Basic Search and the Advanced Search then the same thing is happened and again I have to reset the user preference from the user management.

The Advanced Search is not working properly I don't know why even I am unable to debug the thing....

Looking forward for the reply.....

Thanks & Regards
    Sumit Sahay
    sumit143sweta@gmail.com

ashokinsugar is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Advanced Search Problem....

Hi Sumit,

I am not sure if this resolve the problem , but you can definitly give a try.

Which Operating system are you using?. Check with permission once. If all the right permissions are set. Do repair & rebild once from admin.

Also, click on the clear button when you are navigation from Basic to Advance search.

sahay143 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by sahay143 View Post
    Hi All,

In Basic Search when I search for the Opportunity by its name then I can find the result but when the same Opportunity I am searching by name in the advanced search I can not find any of the Opportunity, means the list view is blank, and still blank... I don't know why even I clear the field in the both the search but I can not find any Opportunity.
    Then I go to the user management and reset the user preference then I can see all the Opportunity in the list view.
    Again If I do the same thing for Opportunity Basic Search and the Advanced Search then the same thing is happened and again I have to reset the user preference from the user management.

The Advanced Search is not working properly I don't know why even I am unable to debug the thing....

Thanks & Regards
    Sumit Sahay
    sumit143sweta@gmail.com
    Hi All,

Thanks & Regards
    Sumit Sahay
    sumit143sweta@gmail.com

kir
    kir is offline Sugar Community Member

looks like some problem with sorting by your first column which is default settings

Try next:
    go to studio and move your first column in the listview to the second place
    or just change the "sort by" column in the advanced search

sahay143 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by kir View Post
    looks like some problem with sorting by your first column which is default settings

Try next:
    go to studio and move your first column in the listview to the second place
    or just change the "sort by" column in the advanced search
    Hi kir,
    No, I am not talking about the Basic or Advanced search my question is for my Accounts and Contacts Global Search is working but for the Opportunity it is not... so what I need to do so that it will be workable.

Is there a way to do this?????

Looking forward for your reply.....

Thanks & Regards
    Sumit Sahay
    sumit143sweta@gmail.com

Thread Information