Thread: Blank Response in LinkedIn connector

dhavaldarji is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Blank Response in LinkedIn connector

Hi All,
    Using SugarCE - 6.5.9 (Build 8653)
    I am having issue with linked in connector, when i click on "in" icon in Account detail page, it have blank response and the popup is empty.
    When i checked js errors it says "Uncaught ReferenceError: LinkedIn is not defined" and having error executing linkedin script :
    Refused to execute script from 'http://www.linkedin.com/companyInsider?script&useBorder=no' because its MIME type ('text/html') is not executable, and strict MIME type checking is enabled.

Using google chrome 28.0.1500.71.

See the attached screenshot.
    Name:  LinkedInScriptError.png
Views: 499
Size:  104.4 KB

This seems to be working with other sugar instance, with same version and same browser

Any idea?
    Regards,
    Dhaval Darji

dhavaldarji is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: Blank Response in LinkedIn connector

Hey All,

Finally, jQuery at rescue ...! ($.getScript())

Copied the default tpl file for linkedIn connector to custom/modules/Connectors/connectors/formatters/ext/rest/linkedin/tpls/default.tpl from modules/Connectors/connectors/formatters/ext/rest/linkedin/tpls/default.tpl.

Changed these line :
    Code:
    {*<script src="{if $smarty.server.HTTPS === 'on'}index.php?entryPoint=get_url&type=linkedin{else}{{$config.properties.company_url}}{/if}" type="text/javascript"></script>*}
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $.getScript("{if $smarty.server.HTTPS === 'on'}index.php?entryPoint=get_url&type=linkedin{else}{{$config.properties.company_url}}{/if}");
    </script>
    And done
    Regards,
    Dhaval Darji

jayrb is offline Sugar Community Member

Hi,

I've got the same issue and I tried the above instruction with no result. I did a Quick Rebuild and enabled Developer Mode, so the change should be live.

To be clear on the change, I removed the line:
    Code:
    {*<script src="{if $smarty.server.HTTPS === 'on'}index.php?entryPoint=get_url&type=linkedin{else}{{$config.properties.company_url}}{/if}" type="text/javascript"></script>*}
    and replaced it with:
    Code:
    <script type="text/javascript">
    $.getScript("{if $smarty.server.HTTPS === 'on'}index.php?entryPoint=get_url&type=linkedin{else}{{$config.properties.company_url}}{/if}");
    </script>
    Did I do it correctly?

Jay

Sugar Pro 6.5.14 (Build 1055)
    Amazon Linux AMI

ebogaard is offline Sugar Community Member

I'm struggling with this too. The LinkedIn-connector doesn't work in modern browsers anymore, which block mixed-content (http-requests when using https) by default.
    LinkedIn wants you to go to use their API, so it doesn't offer an https-version of the CompanyInsider-URL and redirects you if you try to use it. Hence the blank response and the error in Web Developer tools.
    I tried to setup a reverse https-proxy for the LinkedIn URL, but that doesn't seem to work.

Does anyone else have an idea how to fix this?

chad@presentcreative.com Guest

I'm also running across this issue. We're using a web deployed version, Sugar Professional Version 6.7.2 (Build 1118). Also checked my js window and I'm getting the same errors. Since I'm on the web-deployed version, I don't think I'm able to do any fancy scripting around the issue, and I'm not really all that comfortable scripting anyway.

We just purchased SugarCRM two weeks ago and this is kind of a major bummer for us. Isn't this functionality supposed to work right out of the box?

Any solutions?

As another interesting side-note... I noticed that if I'm not logged in to LinkedIn, then the pop up window is not-blank and asks me to sign in. Once I've signed in to LinkedIn, blank window. Seems like my credentials aren't getting passed. Additional info... I'm on a Mac, running the lastest versions of both Chrome and Firefox. Version 25.0.1364.155 and 23.0.1 respectively.

Hi, I keep replying to this thread, but the Admins don't seem to be letting my posts through.

I'm also having trouble with this and it seems like LinkedIn has changed the method to call the relevant URL. It says EXPLICITLY in the setup that there is no need to change the URL unless LinkedIn changes the URL. Sooooo they have. Can we get some assistance here please?

dkallish@sugarcrm.com Guest

Hello chad@presentcreative.com,

I don't believe this has been 'officially' stated anywhere, but LinkedIn has decided to no longer work with SugarCRM, at the present time at least. Our Engineering Team and LinkedIn's Team are working together, but at this time we're awaiting information from LinkedIn.

Kind regards,

Dan Kallish
    SugarCRM Technical Support Engineer

Thread Information