Thread: create Report

miki7 is offline Sugar Community Member

Default create Report

Hi

I need to create Report for Sugar.
    How can I do it?

hkommin is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: create Report

Do u mean reports in SugarCRM, If you are using open source you can use Jasper reports for SugarCRM.
    You can download it from here, it needs to be done on the server,

http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/

Hope this is helpful.
    Haritha

dkmeans is offline Sugar Community Member

Is there any way to actually get instructions on instlaling jasper reports or the Sugar version?

Eveyrthing seems to assume that you have a complete understanding of how to configure Java / Jboss on your server, setup the JDBC drivers.....it looks really promising, but the level of skill required and the total lack of basic information on how to install makes this very difficult for geeks, let alone for ordinary users.
    Dan Means
    Mission Viejo, CA
    www.teamsrs.com

jhamill is offline Sugar Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dkmeans
    Is there any way to actually get instructions on instlaling jasper reports or the Sugar version?

Eveyrthing seems to assume that you have a complete understanding of how to configure Java / Jboss on your server, setup the JDBC drivers.....it looks really promising, but the level of skill required and the total lack of basic information on how to install makes this very difficult for geeks, let alone for ordinary users.
    it's not actually that difficult. I know nothing about Java, but I managed to get it installed on our centos box - just go look on the internet for instructions how to get tomcat running. following them to the letter. I did a google search and got heaps of good sites using install tomcat linux. I used this one: http://linux-sxs.org/internet_serving/book1.html.

Once you do that it's fairly easy to get jasper reports working. it just needs 3 changes to the server.xml file. The readme file on jasper reports tells you what you need.

atheimer98 is offline Sugar Community Member

Has anyone successfully uploaded a report to the Jasper for Sugar program? I have not been able to even though I have
    some great reports. I always get a "The request to upload the a report was badly formed." message when I upload the jrxml file.
    Any suggestions? PS I own the zucker reports module but they have not updated their software for 4.2 as of yet despite several inquires and deadlines so that isn't an option at the moment.

ttlinna is offline Sugar Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by atheimer98
    Has anyone successfully uploaded a report to the Jasper for Sugar program? I have not been able to even though I have
    some great reports. I always get a "The request to upload the a report was badly formed." message when I upload the jrxml file.
    Any suggestions? PS I own the zucker reports module but they have not updated their software for 4.2 as of yet despite several inquires and deadlines so that isn't an option at the moment.
    Could you zip them and send those reports here?

sugarcare is offline Sugar Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by hkommin
    Do u mean reports in SugarCRM, If you are using open source you can use Jasper reports for SugarCRM.
    You can download it from here, it needs to be done on the server,

http://jasperreports.sourceforge.net/

Hope this is helpful.
    Haritha
    Do we have $$ for jasper reports? How much if may ask?

Does it work with OS and windows environment?

I need to just print the entire contects of a record item such as description, subject, date_entered, modified, ....of a custom module.

Do we need to have seperate server?

startak is offline Member

How do you upload a new report to jasper? I also get the error message "The request to upload the a report was badly formed."

ftreml is offline Sugar Community Member

maybe your are interested in this: http://www.sugarcrm.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13070

kevincdaughtry is offline Sugar Community Member

Just wondering if anyone has installed Jasper Reports on a shared hosting setup.

Thanks, Kev

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information