Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By davidboris

Thread: How to assigning contact into the Target List...

  1. #1
    sahay143 Guest

    Cool How to assigning contact into the Target List...

    Hi All,

    I have an query, what I need is to assign the contacts from the importing final stage, let me explain the thing, suppose I am importing the contacts by csv file now at the final stage of the importing i.e., at Step 5: View Import Results from here I want to assign the contacts into the Target List.

    Is there any way to achieve this issue???

    Looking forward for the reply.....



    Thanks & Regards
    Sumit Sahay
    sumit143sweta@gmail.com

  2. #2
    christianknoll's Avatar
    christianknoll is offline Sugar Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Vienna
    Posts
    1,382

    Default Re: How to assigning contact into the Target List...

    Without Coding - No. What you can do is to keep a specific information in one of the fields of the contact (either an unused one or one you create). E.g. an import ID you set in the csv file for all contacts. Then select the comtacts with a report and generate the Target Lst based on that report selection.

    christian.

    Quote Originally Posted by sahay143 View Post
    Hi All,

    I have an query, what I need is to assign the contacts from the importing final stage, let me explain the thing, suppose I am importing the contacts by csv file now at the final stage of the importing i.e., at Step 5: View Import Results from here I want to assign the contacts into the Target List.

    Is there any way to achieve this issue???

    Looking forward for the reply.....



    Thanks & Regards
    Sumit Sahay
    sumit143sweta@gmail.com

  3. #3
    davidboris's Avatar
    davidboris is offline Sugar Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,525

    Default Re: How to assigning contact into the Target List...

    Hello,

    When you import Target, you see the button like you wanted. Try replicating the functionality. I remember to do it successfully and in upgrade safe manner! Good luck!
    Web : http://www.urdhva-tech.com
    Twitter : @urdhvatech
    Email : contact@urdhva-tech.com
    Blog : Urdhva-Tech
    Skype : urdhvatech

    Our Premium Projects for SugarCRM:
    Premium theme for SugarCRM CE (Community Edition 6.5+ with 4 combinations, Black + Orange/Red/Green/Blue, bootstrap3 based)
    Duplicate detector to avoid duplicate data entry.
    Customer Self Service Portal for All Flavours.
    tagMe A complete tag management for SugarCRM.
    Meeting Map Reminder Meeting reminder with Gmap in Email

  4. #4
    sahay143 Guest

    Default Re: How to assigning contact into the Target List...

    Quote Originally Posted by christianknoll View Post
    Without Coding - No. What you can do is to keep a specific information in one of the fields of the contact (either an unused one or one you create). E.g. an import ID you set in the csv file for all contacts. Then select the comtacts with a report and generate the Target Lst based on that report selection.

    christian.
    Hi christian and davidboris,
    I didn't get your suggestion, as what I need to do?
    What I need is that, if we provide the checkbox for selecting the contacts just like in the list view and after that we can assign it to the Target List then it should be ok, but I think that is not enough we need to update the relationship table also... I am little bit confused for this issue...provide me the way so that I can do that.


    Looking forward for the reply.....

    Thanks & Regards
    Sumit Sahay

  5. #5
    davidboris's Avatar
    davidboris is offline Sugar Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,525

    Default Re: How to assigning contact into the Target List...

    Hello,

    Go to Targets > Import Target records and check Step 5, you will have a button called "Add to TargetList", but the whole import will be added to target list, there is no possibility to select few records. If that is ok, you can dig more the code and you should be able to get that thing in contacts module too.

    Hope it helps.
    mahichhabra likes this.
    Web : http://www.urdhva-tech.com
    Twitter : @urdhvatech
    Email : contact@urdhva-tech.com
    Blog : Urdhva-Tech
    Skype : urdhvatech

    Our Premium Projects for SugarCRM:
    Premium theme for SugarCRM CE (Community Edition 6.5+ with 4 combinations, Black + Orange/Red/Green/Blue, bootstrap3 based)
    Duplicate detector to avoid duplicate data entry.
    Customer Self Service Portal for All Flavours.
    tagMe A complete tag management for SugarCRM.
    Meeting Map Reminder Meeting reminder with Gmap in Email

  6. #6
    sahay143 Guest

    Default Re: How to assigning contact into the Target List...

    Quote Originally Posted by davidboris View Post
    Hello,

    Go to Targets > Import Target records and check Step 5, you will have a button called "Add to TargetList", but the whole import will be added to target list, there is no possibility to select few records. If that is ok, you can dig more the code and you should be able to get that thing in contacts module too.

    Hope it helps.
    Hi davidboris,

    Yes man... got it I think we can achieve this by this way also....ultimately we are adding into the Target List and also we can treat the Targets as the Contacts so that we can do this by no coding customization....

    Thanks a lot for your quick reply....

    Thanks & Regards
    Sumit Sahay
    sumit143sweta@gmail.com

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Add a Contact to more than one Target List
    By lrgervais in forum Developer Help
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2013-04-29, 10:02 AM
  2. workflow - add contact to target list
    By webnom in forum Help
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 2009-01-08, 10:03 PM
  3. contact belong to which target list
    By threestone in forum Help
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 2008-09-05, 11:50 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2007-04-27, 04:01 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 2006-08-23, 06:08 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •