Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bickart68

Thread: How to extend JSGroupings?

ewpeanutty is offline Sugar Community Member

Default How to extend JSGroupings?

Greetings,

I have a question on jssource/JSGroupings.php

It appears that this file controls the js files that are grouped together. The group I want to change is:
    $sugar_grp_jsolait = array(
    'include/javascript/jsclass_base.js' => 'include/javascript/sugar_grp_jsolait.js',
    'include/javascript/jsclass_async.js' => 'include/javascript/sugar_grp_jsolait.js',
    'modules/Meetings/jsclass_scheduler.js' => 'include/javascript/sugar_grp_jsolait.js',
    ),

at the bottom of the JSGroupings.php script, there is:
    if(file_exists("custom/application/Ext/JSGroupings/jsgroups.ext.php")) {
    require("custom/application/Ext/JSGroupings/jsgroups.ext.php");
    }

Which seems to allow one make replacements of certain scripts? I am not sure how to create an extension for the this. The script I want to replace is modules/Meetings/jsclass_sceduler.js.

I hope I'm on the right track. I sure would appreciate a little advice on the format/syntax -- and also if I'm way off, possibly a new pointer in the right direction?

Thanks very much,
    -e
    Last edited by ewpeanutty; 2012-10-08 at 08:23 PM.

bickart68 is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: How to extend JSGroupings?

Can you explain what you are attempting to do?

As far as adding the additional file

add a file into

custom/Extension/application/Ext/JSGroupings/yourfile.php

then do a Quick Repair and Rebuild
    asavaliya likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bickart68 View Post
    Can you explain what you are attempting to do?

As far as adding the additional file

add a file into

custom/Extension/application/Ext/JSGroupings/yourfile.php

then do a Quick Repair and Rebuild
    Hi Jeff, I am going to add a conference room module. Conference rooms would be scheduled when setting up a meeting and show free/busy times on the Scheduler along with other invitees. After I learn that part, then I will expand it to include a booking module based off Meetings to book other types of company resources.

At least one of the scripts in question is jsclass_scheduler.js, but being in a grouping makes it just that much more convoluted to edit.

Thank you for the information for adding a file. I am still a bit confused, how do I get my script included in a specific group?

I thought this file "custom/application/Ext/JSGroupings/jsgroups.ext.php" is what I would need to create to modify a grouping? I don't want a new grouping, I would like to replace or override jsclass_scheduler.js that is in jsolait group.

-e
    Last edited by ewpeanutty; 2012-10-09 at 01:42 PM.

All day I looked for examples of extending jsgroupings, but I didn't find any samples. So I tried stuff out...but I'm a bit fuzzy on PHP associative array syntax (I was brought up with Perl) so is isn't very suprising to me that what I tried didn't work, but perhaps someone will say "Aha! I know what you did wrong..."

I did create 'custom/application/Ext/JSGroupings/jsgroups.ext.php

and I have two lines:

//to get rid of the original association
    unset($js_groupings['modules/Meetings/jsclass_scheduler.js']);

//to add the custom association
    $js_groupings['custom/modules/Meetings/jsclass_scheduler.js'] = array('include/javascript/sugar_grp_jsolait.js');

-e

edub is offline Sugar Community Member

I just extended our jsgroupings, and you are close. The array you are trying to edit is actually a multi-dimensional array and that is where your problem lies. To make it easier for you to know which array needs to be modified, I recommend that you copy the contents of the JSGroupings.php to the web root temporarily and add print_r($js_groupings); to the bottom of the script and add a <pre> tag at the top of it and go to it in a browser. That will help you divine which array needs to be modified. On our instance, this is the code that you would put in the jsgroups.ext.php:
    PHP Code:
    unset($js_groupings[9]['modules/Meetings/jsclass_scheduler.js']);
    $js_groupings[9]['custom/modules/Meetings/jsclass_scheduler.js'] = 'include/javascript/sugar_grp_jsolait.js'
    Notice the [9] that I'm using there and also that I'm not using array() anywhere in that. Once you get that, refresh the page that is doing the print_r and make sure it looks right and then delete that temp file.
    Eric Wikman
    Sr Software Engineer
    Epicom

Quote Originally Posted by edub View Post
    I just extended our jsgroupings, and you are close. The array you are trying to edit is actually a multi-dimensional array and that is where your problem lies. To make it easier for you to know which array needs to be modified, I recommend that you copy the contents of the JSGroupings.php to the web root temporarily and add print_r($js_groupings); to the bottom of the script and add a <pre> tag at the top of it and go to it in a browser. That will help you divine which array needs to be modified. On our instance, this is the code that you would put in the jsgroups.ext.php:
    PHP Code:
    unset($js_groupings[9]['modules/Meetings/jsclass_scheduler.js']);
    $js_groupings[9]['custom/modules/Meetings/jsclass_scheduler.js'] = 'include/javascript/sugar_grp_jsolait.js'
    Notice the [9] that I'm using there and also that I'm not using array() anywhere in that. Once you get that, refresh the page that is doing the print_r and make sure it looks right and then delete that temp file.

This is exactly what I need! YAY! Still upgrade safe. I am adding a 'gotcha'. I am working with multiple versions of SugarCRM. One version I have calls for the extension file to be:

custom/application/Ext/JSGroupings/jsgroups.ext.php

and the other calls for it to be: custom/jssource/JSGroupings.php

So after I got that straight per instance, this worked like a charm! Thank You greatly!!!

sumits Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ewpeanutty View Post
    This is exactly what I need! YAY! Still upgrade safe. I am adding a 'gotcha'. I am working with multiple versions of SugarCRM. One version I have calls for the extension file to be:

custom/application/Ext/JSGroupings/jsgroups.ext.php

and the other calls for it to be: custom/jssource/JSGroupings.php

So after I got that straight per instance, this worked like a charm! Thank You greatly!!!
    Hi,

I did exactly what is mentioned in the above post but it is not working for me. I want to override modules/Emails/javascript/EmailUICompose.js and modules/Emails/javascript/composeEmailTemplate.js files. I have copied them to respective custom folders (custom/modules/Emails/javascript/EmailUICompose.js and custom/modules/Emails/javascript/composeEmailTemplate.js). Created a new folder jssource under custom folder and created a new file JSGroupings.php (complete path is custom/jssource/JSGroupings.php), ran rebuild, still it is taking modules/Emails/javascript/EmailUICompose.js and modules/Emails/javascript/composeEmailTemplate.js

I am using CE 6.4

Thanks

nanhe Guest

While extending JSGroupings.php in custom/jssource/JSGroupings.php, the order of js files must be preserved otherwise there will be JS error.

Example: I was changing modules/Emails/javascript/composeEmailTemplate.js and modules/Emails/javascript/EmailUICompose.js. When executed in the application, it was showing js error. The reason for this error is that, these two files were appended at the end of the array ($js_groupings[8]), where as the last file should be modules/Emails/javascript/complexLayout.js. Solution for this is to unset the above 3 files(see code below):

unset($js_groupings[8]['modules/Emails/javascript/EmailUICompose.js']);
    unset($js_groupings[8]['modules/Emails/javascript/composeEmailTemplate.js']);
    unset($js_groupings[8]['modules/Emails/javascript/complexLayout.js']);
    $js_groupings[8]['custom/modules/Emails/javascript/EmailUICompose.js'] = 'include/javascript/sugar_grp_quickcomp.js';
    $js_groupings[8]['custom/modules/Emails/javascript/composeEmailTemplate.js'] = 'include/javascript/sugar_grp_quickcomp.js';
    $js_groupings[8]['modules/Emails/javascript/complexLayout.js'] = 'include/javascript/sugar_grp_quickcomp.js';

Thanks

Thread Information