Thread: SOAP connector example

krajicek Guest

Default SOAP connector example

Hi there,

i'm quite new to Sugar and i'd like to integrate it with some webservices we have. The webservices communicate via WSDL & SOAP so i'm thinking about to write a custom connector. read the developer's guide, looked at the included connectors, searched the forum and also web but everywhere i'm finding only examples of REST connectors and none SOAP one.
    could you please point me the right way if you know what to look at or where to start ... ?

thank you in advance
    krajicek

Angel is offline Sugar Community Member

Default Re: SOAP connector example

Here is a PHP example for inserting data into the Leads module in Sugar via SOAP: Angel's Blog: SugarCRM Cookbook: Adding Leads via SOAP
    Regards,

Angel Magaņa
    Technical Solutions Architect
    Co-Author: Implementing SugarCRM 5.x (Packt Publishing -- Sept. 2010)
    Blog: http://cheleguanaco.blogspot.com.
    Twitter: @cheleguanaco.

krajicek Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    Here is a PHP example for inserting data into the Leads module in Sugar via SOAP: Angel's Blog: SugarCRM Cookbook: Adding Leads via SOAP
    Thank you, Angel,

will have a look at it

krajicek

krajicek Guest

custom.zip
    Thank you, Angel,

i read the article you suggested but correct me if i'm wrong it does not actually describe how to create a SOAP connector. i tried to follow this piece of developer's guide which describe creation of REST connector but my code does not seem to work at all . i hoped to find at least some records in sugar logs but there are none.

would you have will & time to look at the code attached?

i'm probably missing some important part

thank you in advance
    krajicek

krajicek Guest

just to express myself a bit better - i'd like to connect from sugarCRM to other party web service via SOAP connector and get some data from the other party into SugarCRM

krajicek

krajicek Guest

after a lot of searching and reading around the internet seems i succeeded to move a little bit with this ...

now i have my connector displayed in Admin -> Connectors -> Set Connector Properties where i can test some methods of web services i'm connecting to.

however i'm still missing a step (or more) between testing and make it really integrated into Sugar.

1. i'm not sure if i need to generate whole class / method structure from wsdl on Sugar's side e.g. via WSDL to php or similar because it seems to have its own soap client instead of using the one that comes with Sugar (nusoap)

2. don't quite understand how to use getItem & getList functions ... i'm trying to build the connector that will allow browse / search / download (maybe also upload) documents via web services. so i'd like add somehow this into Sugar's Documents Search / View ...

is what i am after possible to do via connector at all? or is there other way to do this?
    could you please explain me how getItem & getList work or direct me to some articles or samples (i already read the relevant part of developer's guide but that i find it quite brief)?

thank you in advance

wsdltophp is offline Junior Member

Hi there,

The WsdlToPhp project uses the native PHP SoapClient class so it should always work as soon as you use the default PHP configuration to compile PHP.

If you need any information about it, feel free to ask me.

Best regards.

sconsulting Guest

Dear Angel,

The download link for the example files mentioned in your blog article isn't working anymore:
    http://cheleguanaco.com/cms/node/20

Kind regards,
    Romeo

Thread Information